I can’t find one of those, except for the internet. And it’s nearly impossible to get stuff delivered to my address without getting lost or stolen.
Get a heating pad, put an old pillow case on it tying up the end with a rubber band. Make a cave (with 3 open sides) by laying it over a bakers rack. Set it on low heat.

Morinth was laid out wrong in the nest box and very weak. I brought her inside and kiddo helped me make her a hospital room with snacks, towels, and lots of sunshine.
20240419_124042.jpg
She perked up after a few minutes but she's definitely still a grumpy broody.
20240419_124414.jpg
Hydro hen water, blackberry and blueberries, tuna, and layer pellets.
20240419_130711.jpg
She was causing a ruckus so I snuck my camera under the gap of the door...
20240419_130735.jpg
Uh oh...
20240419_130742.jpg
She was NOT happy about being spied on!

Hubby says keep her in there the rest of the day and maybe she'll break broodiness. I was going to go set up a hospital cage but he said to stay inside for now in case she has an emergency. So I'll peek in there every so often. She seems to have perked up a lot, maybe she is floppy because she lost so much weight?

Here are some of her eggs, oldest to recent
View attachment 3805883
View attachment 3805885
View attachment 3805884
View attachment 3805882
Her recent eggs are very speckly and heavily bloomed

99% sure it's barred rock. I spoke with a marans breeder and she said midnight majesty is barred rock mother, bcm father and they are big sweeties from both breeds.
Those are some nice eggs you’re getting there. I see her egg is more red toned than chocolate, like a very dark terra cotta, love those speckles! Very unique!

I will see if I can set some of Larry’s eggs with the silkies, as a BR if I get a male I should be able to tell it apart.

Morinth was laid out wrong in the nest box and very weak. I brought her inside and kiddo helped me make her a hospital room with snacks, towels, and lots of sunshine.
View attachment 3805892
View attachment 3805894
View attachment 3805896
View attachment 3805898
Uh oh...
View attachment 3805899

Hubby says keep her in there the rest of the day and maybe she'll break broodiness. I was going to go set up a hospital cage but he said to stay inside for now in case she has an emergency. So I'll peek in there every so often. She seems to have perked up a lot, maybe she is floppy because she lost so much weight?
They tend to be in a trance like state when broody so she could have been just doing that.

Leaving her inside there in a strange place should help her to changes her attitude about being broody. But then again silkies are notoriously hard to break broody behaviour. Good luck! Keep us apprised ❤️

View attachment 3805892
View attachment 3805894
View attachment 3805896
View attachment 3805898
Uh oh...
View attachment 3805899

She is adorable! Especially in the last picture. (Maybe just a couple of babies? 🐣🐣 )

Get a heating pad, put an old pillow case on it tying up the end with a rubber band. Make a cave (with 3 open sides) by laying it over a bakers rack. Set it on low heat.
I think his issue was with it auto shutting off. Never easy is it trying to find something safe and effective.

I was lucky and got a really nice one from the feed store here. Last one on the shelf!

Back
Top Bottom