Inbar, the naked chicken-more pics, update pg 15

They would probably enjoy the Florida heat also............ but they would need a ton of Bug Spray !!!!
lol.png
She's a cutie , the muscles on the roo are scary......
big_smile.png

Quote:
It's a University lab & they are trying to make them a viable meat breed like the rooster you saw but she is just a bantam from the originals. Meat houses have controlled temperatures so your typical cornish crosses in Indiana had no problem with the weather last night & today. These chickens are a freak natural mutation & aren't meant for garden foraging but they can help people in Asia & Africa to survive because the less money it takes to produce them, the more affordable chicken will be to the poor in those countries. That's where this whole project is going & I think it's admirable. PS. the original birds were found & maintained in California.

OMG
ep.gif
ep.gif

I do wonder what we as a human race are doing to animals as we breed them into such an unnatural state. Chickens, dairy cows, some toy dogs, etc. etc.

I also query how the poor farmers in Africa and Asia, as you say, are going to produce cheaper food with these chickens, when they will obviously need climate controlled environment (using more energy). I would have thought that feathered chickens running around foraging free food (as in most villages in the third world) and who look after themselves would already represent a cheap source of food for those people. I guess that would make an interesting debate.

Those chickens are certainly lucky to have been rescued by you, and you clearly care for them deeply. I just wish the scientists weren't doing experiments like these at all....
hu.gif

I disagree with breeding these birds for a number of reasons, but anyway... I know you're not the one implementing that/being in charge of that/etc., so it's nothing personal against you.

Kudos to you for getting her out of the laboratory, and I think she's rather charming! Strange, but cute!
love.gif
She does have very nice eyes, and her outfit is too adorable.
love.gif
I'm sure you will take good care of her!

idunno.gif

hu.gif

hide.gif

kinda scarey. you almost feel bad for her. like omg, i dont havent cooked a whole chicken in over a year, and omg. dont think i could now even! ugh!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom