Inbar, the naked chicken-more pics, update pg 15

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

If those poor birds actually went on to meat production, they would have SERIOUS scabs, burns, cuts, infections, diseases, early deaths, temperature intolerance, etc. from the horrible conditions they'd have to sit around in as a meat bird.
th.gif

I really feel sorry for them even in a humane environment. . .

Oooo those pics remind me why I don't eat chicken, I guess they would keep down production costs don't have to pay to have them plucked. Its admirable that the professor is looking to provide a low cost meat source to poor countries. I'm just wondering how many genetic problems may arise down the line. Hopefully he will see his project successful, people can't survive as some has suggested on plants alone, even vegans have to find nonanimal sources of protein that aren't available in most 3rd world countries. I don't feel bad for the animals being featherless but the size of that Roo is sad must be hard for him to carry that much muscle. I guess the upside no lice or scale mites.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion & no one need apologize for anything.

Quote:
I actually don't think so. Reason being that the broilers I've seen here are poorly feathered for most of their growth period & are totally bare on the bottom anyway. I don't think that having feathers makes them any less susceptible to infections & diseases. If you look at the video posted a few pages back, the birds are in a chicken house environment & they look great with none of the things you mentioned. I'll be able to let you guys know in a few months because my ex is getting some to grow for meat.

Quote:
I think it is great that you are giving that little sweety a good home. I think that farming practices here need to be questioned as well, if we are going to give your professor's cause a hard time.
smile.png
BTW, I'm not familiar with broilers' body structure, so is that his thigh muscle that is so HUGE! Or is it just the way he is positioned? He looks like a red Incredible Hulk!

Back
Top Bottom