Official Squatch Watchers

Molpet

Crossing the Road
Premium member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
God God that is cold!! Leg warmers DID have a use......maybe as leg sweaters/scarves, might need some! Try and stay non frozen!

Yup a spuds dog. There are good and bad in every breed sadly.
They can sense fear and apprehension so might be a type to not approach of you feel apprehensive.

Zues is freaking awesome in his hat! Pom poms and all. :love

Hubs was mauled by a dobie but that dog owner sicked the dog on him as he was working.
The only dog brave enough to bite me was a Chihuahua. :rolleyes: All he got was denim.

OMG!! Hubs brought in yesterday's mail and I got 2 seed catalogs!
:wee
I plan to order a few things I cannot find locally.
Last time it was this cold was last March. Last January we had -24, hope that stays away.. I only had 13 turkeys last year and could get them all in the coop.

Only dogs that bit me was Grandma's Chihuahuas

Willowspirit

Crowing
Premium member
Mar 14, 2019
Near Portland Oregon at 2Dogs Ranch North
I had a chihuahua that I took everywhere. He loved people.
Butting in. Someone I met referred to Little dogs that bite as “armpit piranhas”. But you have it right. Chi’s have a fear biting thing unless they are socialized properly. It’s obvious you have done this and I commend you. I have Toy Fox Terriers and they can be annoying but mine love everyone, too.:)

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
Im only a couple states above you, and i'd kill for 70's!
We had a few days of high 60's and it was heavenly, I really get spoiled in the summer so these few months of awful just mess me up lol!
I thought about moving to Florida but jeeze it is literally a zoo down there! :D
I'm glad your weather is alot better the yesterday. We have been about 75-82 the past week... but this is the week we will have View attachment 2006033
I look forward to the cold weather!!

My worst biter was an Eskimo spitz.
Who thinks a dog that looks like a flippin baby seal bites?
She was 10 times worse than hubs Akita that was rightfully named Satan.
Spitz was called Brandy which also fit because she acted like a bad drunk.
Both girls had a bad time before they ended up with us and were much improved but not nearly enough for public trips.
Keeping miss Delilah out of home depot is a good call, those fear bites are precise as a mofo.:oops:
Straight up hate dogs being judged by breed alone.
By bull terrier are you meaning the Spuds McKenzie kind of dog?
Sable is 1/2 pit bull terrier. Totally intense looking eyes when half lidded.
View attachment 2006049View attachment 2006056
I have met some really great dobies and some not so great ones. It was the bad owners that made the not great ones that way.
I think it is part breeding (like mean roo to mean hen gives mean offspring) and part how they are handled.

I wonder who is teaching who their colors! :lau

And THAT is why Delilah will never go in stores. She looks fluffy and sweet but is fearful....which can lead to a bad bite.
River is confident and not shy so does well.....except with noisy lumber carts. Those go by and she hides behind hubs legs. The quieter ones don't phase her a bit.

21hens-incharge

Addict
Premium member
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
Butting in. Someone I met referred to Little dogs that bite as “armpit piranhas”. But you have it right. Chi’s have a fear biting thing unless they are socialized properly. It’s obvious you have done this and I commend you. I have Toy Fox Terriers and they can be annoying but mine love everyone, too.:)
PFFFFT!! No such thing as butting in here. All are welcomed. :D
Yes Chi's can be real turds with poor social skills, fear and owners that think tiny dogs NEED coddling.

Im only a couple states above you, and i'd kill for 70's!
We had a few days of high 60's and it was heavenly, I really get spoiled in the summer so these few months of awful just mess me up lol!
I thought about moving to Florida but jeeze it is literally a zoo down there! :D

My worst biter was an Eskimo spitz.
Who thinks a dog that looks like a flippin baby seal bites?
She was 10 times worse than hubs Akita that was rightfully named Satan.
Spitz was called Brandy which also fit because she acted like a bad drunk.
Both girls had a bad time before they ended up with us and were much improved but not nearly enough for public trips.
Keeping miss Delilah out of home depot is a good call, those fear bites are precise as a mofo.:oops:
Spitz also are fluffy enough everyone wants to touch them. :rolleyes:
I might bite too if everyone was all touchy feely with me. :lau
Her names were perfect!

Just the thought of 85# Delilah in a scary place like Home Depot gives me heart palpitations, panic attacks and nervous sweats!

Bike update!!!!
Hubs put a new battery, a bit of oil, fresh gas and that sucker (after having sat for 5 years) fired right up!
It is a big bike too! I think he said 1500 cc motor.
He is headed on a test run now.

Freaking easiest flip EVER! That bike will sell fast.

Top Bottom