Last time it was this cold was last March. Last January we had -24, hope that stays away.. I only had 13 turkeys last year and could get them all in the coop.

Only dogs that bit me was Grandma's Chihuahuas
I had a chihuahua that I took everywhere. He loved people.

I had a chihuahua that I took everywhere. He loved people.

Butting in. Someone I met referred to Little dogs that bite as “armpit piranhas”. But you have it right. Chi’s have a fear biting thing unless they are socialized properly. It’s obvious you have done this and I commend you. I have Toy Fox Terriers and they can be annoying but mine love everyone, too.:)

Im only a couple states above you, and i'd kill for 70's!
We had a few days of high 60's and it was heavenly, I really get spoiled in the summer so these few months of awful just mess me up lol!
I thought about moving to Florida but jeeze it is literally a zoo down there! :D
I'm glad your weather is alot better the yesterday. We have been about 75-82 the past week... but this is the week we will have View attachment 2006033
I look forward to the cold weather!!

My worst biter was an Eskimo spitz.
Who thinks a dog that looks like a flippin baby seal bites?
She was 10 times worse than hubs Akita that was rightfully named Satan.
Spitz was called Brandy which also fit because she acted like a bad drunk.
Both girls had a bad time before they ended up with us and were much improved but not nearly enough for public trips.
Keeping miss Delilah out of home depot is a good call, those fear bites are precise as a mofo.:oops:
Straight up hate dogs being judged by breed alone.
By bull terrier are you meaning the Spuds McKenzie kind of dog?
Sable is 1/2 pit bull terrier. Totally intense looking eyes when half lidded.
View attachment 2006049View attachment 2006056
I have met some really great dobies and some not so great ones. It was the bad owners that made the not great ones that way.
I think it is part breeding (like mean roo to mean hen gives mean offspring) and part how they are handled.

I wonder who is teaching who their colors! :lau

And THAT is why Delilah will never go in stores. She looks fluffy and sweet but is fearful....which can lead to a bad bite.
River is confident and not shy so does well.....except with noisy lumber carts. Those go by and she hides behind hubs legs. The quieter ones don't phase her a bit.

Butting in. Someone I met referred to Little dogs that bite as “armpit piranhas”. But you have it right. Chi’s have a fear biting thing unless they are socialized properly. It’s obvious you have done this and I commend you. I have Toy Fox Terriers and they can be annoying but mine love everyone, too.:)

PFFFFT!! No such thing as butting in here. All are welcomed. :D
Yes Chi's can be real turds with poor social skills, fear and owners that think tiny dogs NEED coddling.

Im only a couple states above you, and i'd kill for 70's!
We had a few days of high 60's and it was heavenly, I really get spoiled in the summer so these few months of awful just mess me up lol!
I thought about moving to Florida but jeeze it is literally a zoo down there! :D

My worst biter was an Eskimo spitz.
Who thinks a dog that looks like a flippin baby seal bites?
She was 10 times worse than hubs Akita that was rightfully named Satan.
Spitz was called Brandy which also fit because she acted like a bad drunk.
Both girls had a bad time before they ended up with us and were much improved but not nearly enough for public trips.
Keeping miss Delilah out of home depot is a good call, those fear bites are precise as a mofo.:oops:

Spitz also are fluffy enough everyone wants to touch them. :rolleyes:
I might bite too if everyone was all touchy feely with me. :lau
Her names were perfect!

Just the thought of 85# Delilah in a scary place like Home Depot gives me heart palpitations, panic attacks and nervous sweats!

Bike update!!!!
Hubs put a new battery, a bit of oil, fresh gas and that sucker (after having sat for 5 years) fired right up!
It is a big bike too! I think he said 1500 cc motor.
He is headed on a test run now.

Freaking easiest flip EVER! That bike will sell fast.

LOVED seeing all of the dog photos :love You all have beautiful pups and I would hug every one of them (with permission, of course.)
20191117_003514.jpg
Here are my 2 girls.
20191109_131057.jpg
Mini
20191019_175803.jpg
Sunny

Back
Top Bottom