You should be able to do an anonymous ask for a wellness check. I agree it’s a touchy situation. And a last resort to get authorities involved.

I didn’t pay attention that your in NE OH! I’m in Geauga County. I know quite a few chicken people in the area. I may even talk to you through the NEOH chicken FB group. LOL
I forgot to mention, I’m right below you in Portage.

:frow Good morning Daniel, have a great day
If you want to become NPIP it's really easy here. Call or email the state vet and see who your local contact is, call them and make an appointment. They'll come out and test 10% of your flock and give you a form. They actually catch the birds. Mail the form in with $40 and the state vet will email you once the test results are in. If negative, she'll give you access to the NPIP online site so you can fill out your 9-3 forms. If you do it, when you're ready pm me. Their instructions suck. I can save you some of the issues I had.
Good plan
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day. I love her beak and she's so cute.

:frow Good morning Nunny, have a great day.
Wow, much cheaper than OH. I looked into it, but we decided that since it’s really a handful of birds and no hatches in their future, it didn’t make sense. They were super helpful and friendly. I actually look forward to working with them in the future. They sent me a spreadsheet of every avian vet in OH.

Wow, much cheaper than OH. I looked into it, but we decided that since it’s really a handful of birds and no hatches in their future, it didn’t make sense. They were super helpful and friendly. I actually look forward to working with them in the future. They sent me a spreadsheet of every avian vet in OH.
Share that spreadsheet if you will! Are they avian and see chickens or more poultry vet?

Forgot to reply to your peaches answer. Did you mean you managed to get some or that you heed to work on your fence?
I got chicks from @rjohns39 and I like them very much. To send chicks safely in the mail it is best to send a box of them, 20 or 25. Some hatcheries send as small an order as 15 in a box, and others put a heat pack and send small numbers of chicks, but I did not want to risk them, I got a box of 25 (plus an extra = 26). That was the end of June and I was worried about the heat more than anything. All 26 arrived perfectly healthy and all lived. You sounded like you could not have very many, so you might prefer to get them from a local breeder you could drive to and just get the number you can have. I really did not need 26, but I split the order with another member who can keep some cockerels and I can get hatching eggs from her next spring. I really like the Barred Hollands, they deserve to be kept by more of us!

Ugh, rain I really needed to get these kids outside some today they are getting a little bit stir crazy.
I forgot how much energy chicks have, im getting tired watching them.
About all I can do to entertain them is feed them.
They'll be chunks like everybody else lol!
Today is watermelon though, not too bad but most of them are going to be pink by day's end.:p

An update......
Hubs timed the muffin pop in with the bosses arrival back from his doctors appointment. Yup we did the pop in no call thing.
The muffins were a hit and she ate one. I count that as a win because she has been hardly eating a thing.
We stayed about an hour visiting and I was able to gently gain bits of info.
While we were there a cleaning crew came to clean the house. Also good as apparently she had fallen before while trying to clean the bathroom and had to wait for help.
She is willing to have me come visit a few times a week. I told her I will bring snacks each time for her. Obviously she cannot be trying to cook so I am concerned about her nutrition.
It is an added thing to my already busy schedule but that is ok. Chores here can always wait a bit. I don't like her being home alone in her condition.

Hubs and I took the bikes for a nice ride after we left. It is nice out but very smoky due to wildfires on the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom