Had an inch of rain last night. I found the big hoop coop wet on one end. Chickens and turkeys looked dry. The clear tarp has holes down the center. It is 2 or 3 years old and the holes are where the turkeys walk. :he. Now I know how long they last LOL.. I have spares for when this happens. I will let it dry out before I replace it.
Blessed that it happened during a week of 50f weather and not in the middle of winter. :wee

Had an inch of rain last night. I found the big hoop coop wet on one end. Chickens and turkeys looked dry. The clear tarp has holes down the center. It is 2 or 3 years old and the holes are where the turkeys walk. :he. Now I know how long they last LOL.. I have spares for when this happens. I will let it dry out before I replace it.
Blessed that it happened during a week of 50f weather and not in the middle of winter. :wee
I need to replace mine too. I was thinking just leave the old tarp and slap the new one on.

I need to replace mine too. I was thinking just leave the old tarp and slap the new one on.
That's what I did before. I had a white tarp that lasted about 6-9 months. I just pulled a new one over it. That end is dry where it is double tarped. It will be trippeled tarp soon LOL

That's what I did before. I had a white tarp that lasted about 6-9 months. I just pulled a new one over it. That end is dry where it is double tarped. It will be trippeled tarp soon LOL
Tarps do not last long here. They will fall apart and the hens eat the strands. We have too much of that California Sun here! Good for raisins but not tarps:gig

Back
Top Bottom