Hi everyone,

Milk Drinker #2 arrived at. 8:30 this morning. 16 hours after the first serious contraction.

He is 21” long and 10lb .7oz and already a champion nurser. View attachment 1823431

@Texas Kiki @staceyj
Oh RAE!

He’s beautiful!!!!!!!
Congratulations dear one!
Dang honey, YOU are the champion!

That’s a full fledged bruiser you pushed out!
Great job!!!
Woo-hoo!
You just made my day. :love:hugs
So much love to you and your family. :celebrate:love:love:love

Got to fork the run? For some reason I read salad instead of garden...:gig

Lol the one time autocorrect didn't mess with me and it STILL read funny! :lau

x2 on that! In my opinion, if 21 hens wanted to work, she could be a garden designer and make more, work less.

Aww thanks. I am certainly not skilled at gardening.

For now I am working on getting well (better) then I will find a job that isn't full of pressure and responsibility. Maybe at Joanns or Hobby Lobby......some place I don't get covered in chain oil and grease. :p

Lol! :lau
Mosquito snorting. :gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:duc

That is freaking hilarious! Not fun from the receiving end I am sure, but for some reason funny from here......probably because I have been there. :hmm

A garden fork works well for turning a run. I find it easier than a rake.
Just in case you have to do it again.
That'd be great, if I could stand in the run. I started out squatting and jabbing the ground, but then ended up giving in and was kneeling in chicken poop. My run is only about 4' tall so I can't stand up in there. I was thinking of using a flat shovel on the area that I hadn't done yet to see if that was easier to do than slamming the rake into the ground and pulling up a clump of stuff then beating it w/ the rake to break it up. My arms are too weak for all that.

Yeah the rooster just stands for the spur trims and derp toe maintence.
He's pretty good he spins in a circle a decent amount but stays in one spot so I can deal with that.
You did good on your cakes! Your girl has some eccentric tastes dosent she? :p
Thank you, It turned out much better than expected. There was definitely a back to that cake and I certainly would never charge someone for something like that. She spends too much time on the internet.. and the girl loves her crocs. I think she enjoyed the punniness about crocs & frogs too. I had a fb friend who posted a photo of an extravagant cake I would expect for a wedding for her daughter's 16th bday cake and I'm like I cannot afford that and I cannot make that. Like a 4 tier thing w/ a bunch of fancy stuff. Plus it's just the 3 of us so that's way excessive.

Congrats on getting a 16 year old!

I like the cake and the fondant work is nice
Thank you! Fortunately it didn't taste like a shoe. The poor kid cried b/c she doesn't like the idea of getting older. I'm like it's not like I'm going to kick you out when you turn 18, you're just not going to get to lie in bed all day long forever. (I think that made it worse, LOL)

Snorting mosquitoes -- LOL, not the best thing to snort I'd say! Under the roosts can get caked, sometimes a flat shovel removal just seems best. Out to the run upside down, they will scratch it and it will dry out! But, remember this is done in dry & sunny Riverside, CA, your mileage may vary . . .
I don't have roosts outside, but I was planning on trying to figure out something for them. A shovel will probably help a lot on the covered part. It's by the pop door and straw makes it's way out and gets super gross. They've already been scratching around in the stuff I loosened up the other day. I really hope they keep digging in it.

For now I am working on getting well (better) then I will find a job that isn't full of pressure and responsibility. Maybe at Joanns or Hobby Lobby......some place I don't get covered in chain oil and grease. :p
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT!!!

You do have to consider who is doing the reading.:p
You most certainly could be a garden designer, you really sell yourself short.

Hi everyone,

Milk Drinker #2 arrived at. 8:30 this morning. 16 hours after the first serious contraction.

He is 21” long and 10lb .7oz and already a champion nurser. View attachment 1823431

@Texas Kiki @staceyj
Congratulations!! He's adorable. I kinda figured that it was a boy after you said they checked the lower area. I'm sure you're tired and trying to get rested & recovered, but did you get the VBAC?
How exciting and you're already broken in as a boy mom AND have all kinds of boys stuff. Seriously, have 2 of the same gender makes things sooo much easier, from recycling clothes and toys to gift giving time. Since my kids got to be school age I've been pretty much buying them both the exact same things for xmas, just in different colors, save for a few items. And there's no whining or fighting b/c That's a girl movie, toy, game, etc.
I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear what Thing 1 thinks of being a big brother.

You only have to be more skilled than your customers! Believe me, I help folks with their computers, and the real geeks are far more skilled than I. But, I understand normal english not just geek speak, and I charge less for a house call to fix their e-mail problem. You only have to be more skilled than the bottom 50%! LOL -- I send them to a local shop for something beyond my pay grade, they love me forever for being honest.

Back
Top Bottom