Ok, firstly Henny that PFFFTT!! Is the perfect sound for that quote lol!
I nearly choked on my cheerios woman.:lau
And yes, nothing spells trouble like a poofy little spotless white dog with "don't forkin touch me!!!" syndrome.
Not to mention high pitched voices really set her off and you know those were plentiful....sigh....even from dudes.
Would I ever want to be in your shoes with a jumbo helping of jangled, snappy dog nerves? Noooo way!
Good stuff on the bike being such an easy turn over, beats the other side of the coin for sure. :)

Lol, well you're actually just a state below me then since you're close to the line.
It is pretty nice up this way, there are some rotten spots but that is anywhere.
So you grew up in the keys, iv'e heard many people talk about how much wildlife is down there in fact one of my mom's friends has an iguana invasion happening..big ole jokers too!

It was the best sound I could think of. :lau

OMG the squealing people do over cute dogs! It is totally rediculous!

As much as hubs loves these giant dogs I sure wish I could have gotten a Parsons Russell Terrier. I would name him Deacon or Preacher. They are just way to small to ever be safe here with these giants.

Had a very nice day today. My dad came over for a couple hours. He has a really nice desk he doesn't need anymore and he kindly offered to haul it all the way down to our place so my husband could have it for his home office. And he brought us some of my favorite cookies that my mom baked :love

In return, I helped him setup his new phone, and sent him home with some fresh baked apple muffins, the previously mentioned pumpkin butter, and a really big tree branch to use as a roost bar in his run. 🥰

Another thing to remember is to ask if a dog is dog friendly before letting your dog approach, and if you're dog isn't, let others know in advance. I do that every time because our dog LT is dog aggressive, but sometimes doesn't act it until he is nose to nose. I have completed control of him, and can easily take him places with other dogs. I know his behavior, and will not allow anyone else to take him when I know other dogs are likely to be around. I also use 4 systems to keep him under control, a harness, a head harness, a remote citronella spray collar, and I run the leash under his regular collar and hold it so that it's a handle and my hand is touching his collar.

Another thing to remember is to ask if a dog is dog friendly before letting your dog approach, and if you're dog isn't, let others know in advance. I do that every time because our dog LT is dog aggressive, but sometimes doesn't act it until he is nose to nose. I have completed control of him, and can easily take him places with other dogs. I know his behavior, and will not allow anyone else to take him when I know other dogs are likely to be around. I also use 4 systems to keep him under control, a harness, a head harness, a remote citronella spray collar, and I run the leash under his regular collar and hold it so that it's a handle and my hand is touching his collar.
Good point! And I wish all owners were as responsible as you are :)

Ok, I posted the pics of the girls, so it's only fair to put LT and Bailey up. Bailey is a Chihuahua and total cuddle bug. He loves almost everyone, no matter how many legs. He and Trixie were adoptions. LT and Peach are from breeders.

Attachments

• 20200112_223857.jpg
    20200112_223857.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190829_222024.jpg
    20190829_222024.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190109_222531.jpg
    20190109_222531.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180722_223613.jpg
    20180722_223613.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170609_144748.jpg
    20170609_144748.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • edited_IMG139.jpg
    edited_IMG139.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 0
Chookie, I have to be, two of our dogs are service animals, and two of them are LGDs. Peach is both, being Anatolian Shepherd and service dog in training. LT is Anatolian Shepherd/Border Collie. Trixie is Chihuahua/Springer Spaniel, and is the other service dog. Bailey, as far as we can tell, is pure Chihuahua. It's also my job as the owner of a dog aggressive dog, especially if I want him to be able to go places and enjoy life outside of the house.

@Chickassan the Iguana invasion is horrible!! My mom, sister, step sisiter and sisiter in law are still down there split up on all different islands. They have actually opened it up so people can shoot them. Alot of people eat them. They say the meet taste goos... 🤷‍♀️dunno never tried it. As for wildlife.. the keys has the birds and the ocean animals... and then the key deer. But other then that you gotta go up to the everglades for the full wildlife experience.

Back
Top Bottom