Hi folks!

I’m still alive! Things have been crazy here. Still fostering the two foster boys, looking like it’s moving towards termination. We are most likely going to adopt if it comes to that. The 3 Things are all growing like weeds. The baby is now 2.5 😭.

Lost my boar last week, he was sick for 1.5 months. Couldn’t get a vet out here to see him. He started back in August with having no appetite and not wanting to move. We thought he turned a corner because he was at least eating some of his feed, but when the cold weather hit, he went down hill quick. I’ve got another boar coming on Thursday. I’m excited about that. All the rest of our piggies are great we did send one of the sows to freezer camp a few months ago because she never gave us any babies. She’s a little tough, but once in a pressure cooker, she’s tasty. So much fat!

How are you all doing! I’m going to skim through the posts to see what I missed. Oh, I saw this video and thought you guys would laugh as much at this as I did

https://www.facebook.com/reel/337663692036540/

@Kiki
Good to hear from you! This thread has been sadly quiet.
Bittersweet on the foster kids. You always wish families can be reunited, but thats not always the best thing. Awesome to hear your 3 are growing like weeds! Sorry about the boar, but great that you got a replacement already.

We got a second dog. Its a nut house right now. Shes an absolute pistol! Too bad I cant feasibly name her that :lau

Attachments

• IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1
Fishy, https://www.sweeterheater.com/ They're the safest way to heat your chickens in the winter, with minimum risk for fire hazard. I think it was Ron Ott, but it may have been Sourland that suggested them to me. Of course, there were other more pressing, money draining things that had to be done here, so I couldn't justify the expense. Last Christmas, I did not ask for anything. We got gifts for everyone else. After we recouped from Christmas, Dh asked what I might like as my belated Christmas present, and gave me a price range. I got 3 of the large, overhead ones for the outdoor coops.

When they came in, of course I had to test one. It's amazing to me, how they work. They don't get hot, or put out heat, like a conventional heater. Hold your arm under it for a minute, and your arm will start warming up, but the unit itself is cool.

I can see why these are also ideal for brooders. Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, I hope in the (near) future to get a couple of the smaller ones for my brooders.

@Grammy60 praying for you and @rjohns39. How are you both doing?
I'm doing pretty good, just exhausted all the time. Bob, is still having lots of issues that so far nobody has an answer for 😞. With all the doctor appointments and everything else, no time to be idle. Thank you for checking in and for the prayers.

Just popping in to say hi and let you all know that Bob is again home from the hospital, he will have home health care for a little while, with physical therapy in home as well.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and doing well .
Thanks for letting us know.
Prayers for a speedy recovery 🙏

Hope you have a great thanksgiving 🦃

Back
Top Bottom