Please help sick silkie

asopos

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
I have a 5 month old silkie. Her crop is soft since she hasnt been eating lately. I fed her food with water a bit. And her eyes are normal.there is no coughing and mucous. She doesn’t seem to sneeze either. We are keeping her at room temperatures (inside the house) the poop is not foamy or weird colors just really watery (I assume because she hasnt been eating.) she drinks on her own but doesn’t move besides standing up or turning around. She breathes from her mouth.

Here is her poop
DF881091-7742-4640-B322-61EC8B8F74B5.jpeg

They open there mouth and look to be panting if they are stressed.
You wouldn’t be able to tell if she’s breathing from her nostrils from what I’m thinking. Can you tell us a little more about her situation is she an only bird. Maybe a few pics of her to do physical inspection of her nostrils I’ve heard of deformed ones before. Don’t worry too much right off.
Her crop should be full at night and empty in the morning so if it is a new day and she hasn’t eaten there should not be anything in there. My birds haven’t had crop issues so hopefully someone can tell you how to check her crop and clear all signs of problems
Is she cleaning or acting like a chicken thats important and drinking water is a great sign

Back
Top Bottom