So what if GMO corn causes cancer

Now a days many more people are coming up with celiac disease. I have heard from some doctors that because of a certain gmo there is much more gluten in this particular wheat. It will take years to have a completely documented scientific paper on this. People who have celiac disease would definitely want to have a safe place to buy their food and seeds.

A seed company has to be certified to sell these seeds as non gmo and organic. And they have to do constant testing and specific growing methods. It is not all that easy when the main stream society offers few alternatives and supplies to people who want to grow organic.

It is also super super easy for cross contamination of seeds. This is why they need to be tested all the time.

Furthermore Monsanto has no trouble selling their seeds to third world countries where people are taken advantage of by this corporation. They get terminator seeds and round up ready seeds. This indentures these people. They spend all their money on the seeds, chemicals and cannot save seeds for the next year.
And their soil becomes more degraded each year.
Bountiful Gardens is helping people across the world to become self sustaining and make a bit of profit rather than be victims of a money making ploy by Large Corp.

galanie wrote"...On another thought, I'm constantly amazed at how many people reject findings out of hand without even giving them serious consideration because they don't want to believe something."

This is a blanket statement and I am not sure what you are getting at.

There is nothing to back this statement up with.

And, who are you directing this at?

I believe I have done my research. In scientific journals the jury is still out on GMOs. Half the scientists post papers that support GMOs, half against.

A big issue here is I Believe (and so do many others) that people should be allowed to make the choice! Why hide the fact that it is a gmo food if they have nothing to be ashamed of. I believe that "cost of labelling would make the price go up" is a sorry excuse and does not hold water in my mind. I can go into that more later ....

Last edited:
In the meantime GMO crops are invading regular crops with cross contamination. If it continues , in the future, we could have a monoculture set of seeds. On one hand the corporation that 'owns' the patent (life itself) will control the price and availability. On the other hand if something should happen to wipeout these seeds, there would be no alternatives left.

People all over the world are having problems with cross contamination. Wiping out heirloom varieties of maize in Mexico that have been around for centuries, and so on and so forth. If the big corporations find out that any grown seeds happen to contain their patented gene , by cross contamination and no fault of the farmer, they will sue the farmer and literally strip him of his livelyhood. This in itself is enough for me to be against GMOs. The human cost.

Last edited:
GM food is a killer. It must be true because I read it on some crank's website.

caf.gif

The thing is, everything is GMO, wheat, soybeans--two food crops that are in every food product out there. It is really hard to escape it. Corn is especially hard to find GMO free, and the varieties you do find aren't as tasty as "Silver Queen" etc. Growing your own food is probably the best way to combat it.

Who says it causes cancer? Just wondering where the info came from and how reliable it is..

Before a new drug comes out on the market it goes through some testing to make sure it is safe for the public. This is not failsafe. If the drug is a big money maker, it usually gets passed through with less tests. If something is wrong with the drug the companies would rather pay the money in claims to victims than waste their time to make sure it is safe because it is more cost effective that way. So> Why on earth would a large corporation that has created these GMOs purely for profit, do any safety testing if they are not recquired? And why would someone accept that these GMOs are safe and take the word of a Corporation that is selling these purely for profit? Why take these Corporations word over a scientific experiment? It has been shown the corrporations choose paying a lawsuit over full if any disclosure to the public of facts because it is more profitable(as in tobacco corp)(mining comp) And the corporations just hire lawyers to drag it out in court year after year after year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom