With the acception of muscovies, every breed of domestic duck I've come across is loud! I voice sex early, the females have alot to say and the boys just can't get a word in 😂. I have pekin and they are beautiful. I thought I had better pics but I don't. Theres 3 ducks and 3 drakes. I find my muscovies alot more friendly and cuddly but they tend to go broody and then they can become very agressive.View attachment 2011970

Aww, duckies!

I love looking at pekin ducks. I had always heard they were "the loudest duck" so I initially dismissed them for my flock. I don't know why I'm so concerned about noise since we have a good bit of land here, but we're a random 10 acre parcel smack dab in the middle of different neighborhoods (although I'm county and zoned to have farm animals) but I try to be considerate as far as what I bring onto the farm. I was so worried about my roosters when we bought the property. We only have one house close to the chicken area, and the neighbors are a retired couple. They actually came over and said they loved hearing our roos, and that they used to hear them where they lived up north before they retired, so it was nostalgic.

I may have to get some pekin hatching eggs...

I've got pekins :) I like them. They're calm and friendly. They're not really louder than other breeds, I would say.

I have that game :) It's fun and hilarious, lol. Luckily my actual geese do not act like the goose in that game.

I really hope they come out with a sequel. I've never been more fulfilled in life than when I get to be a goose wreaking havoc, especially on that farmer.

DO IT! I want to see baby ducklings on this page. And my duck eggs are pre-ordered so I won't be seeing baby ducks for a while.

Speaking of... does anyone have pekin ducks? Do you like them? I've heard they're loud. Any truth to that? I pre-ordered welsh harlequin eggs (my dream duck breed) and some saxony eggs... but my son really wants a pekin duck. We like to play this game on the nintendo switch called "untitled goose game" where you basically are this big white goose that harasses the town. It's hilarious. Anyway, I told him no geese, but he wants a big white duck that he can name "untitled goose."
I had Pekins. I wouldn’t call them loud but they will talk to you every time they see you. Loud is subjective I think. If I lived in town and had neighbors they may call them loud.

At @Tooshay89 the only way to get close to real life goose game is with a pair of geese 😂 I have that game and love it! The goose reminds me so much of my gander...they really can be quite naughty!! Please do yourselves a favor and get a pair of Cotton Patch this Spring!

@Pyxis I'm in LOVE with your tiny dinosaur! I didn't realize the Shamos have such wrinkly looking faces 😂😍

Are geese generally aggressive? My husband vetoed geese because he said they're scary and they poop on everything. I know nothing about geese.

I love looking at pekin ducks. I had always heard they were "the loudest duck" so I initially dismissed them for my flock.

Pekins got nuthin' on my Calls. Those little things are loud, lol.

Are geese generally aggressive? My husband vetoed geese because he said they're scary and they poop on everything. I know nothing about geese.

My geese are sweethearts :) No aggression, not even from the ganders in the breeding season (which is coming right up and I'm super excited for goslings). I find them to be less messy than ducks.

After a rocky start with Luikse Vechter eggs (eggs from the first breeder I tried came in looking good, but all had detached air cells, only two are developing) I am happy to say I just candled the ones I got from a different source and I think every single one is developing. It's a bit early, I candle a lot, lol, but by tomorrow I can probably confirm.

:wee

Geese have their moments breeding season is usually the problem time ganders will get very protective of their mate and some gander ( including mine become biters.) they view everyone as a threat and then if you let them have goslings it can go on for longer than six months of aggression. Now this is just my gander maybe others can chime in on theirs. I never let my grandkids be inside the flocks area unless I was with them. And I would not pen them up together with chickens and ducks. I have all three my flock is all together in a half acre during the day but the geese have their own house.

Back
Top Bottom