Our first 7 baby peeps! Before we moved to our acreage, we lived across the street in a larger house and I had a craft room AKA incubation-peep hatching-seedling starting room. We're in a MUCH smaller mobile home now, so the baby peeps are in the guest bathtub (which isn't even a standard sized tub in a mobile home.) But it's just for a few days until everyone finishes hatching, and then they'll all move to my built in brooder area under the poop tray of the coop. They'll start to integrate themselves into the flock by 2-3 weeks old, it's awesome.

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1600.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

She is a 100% lab.. purebred.. papers and all..
The sun shining in made her fur look brownish.. she is.. or was all black.. now she is becoming grey..

Here she is a few years ago, trying to tell us she wants something, we could never figure out what she wanted..

View attachment 2024585

What a cutie! I guess it'll forever be a mystery...

View attachment 2024592This is my White German Shepard... Molly.

Don't . let . her . adorable . face . fool . you.

She was begging for some of the toast I was eating that morning... she's good at those "puppy dog eyes" but I never thought I'd be effected...
Begging is their best asset!

Do any of you guys have a livestock guardian dog? I've been doing some research and I'm thinking I may look into getting one this fall once our perimeter fence is in place. I wonder if they tend to keep hawks away...
I'm not sure if they fo much for hawks, but I'd guess they'd make a great visual deterrence.

I've been around a few different Great Pyrenees, and they where all fantastic animals. One farm I went to raised alpaca, and had a wonderfully socialized GP. It was very cautious of me entering its property, but once the owner introduced me the dog was all about its ear scratches. While I was there something started making noise in the woods about 100' away. I swear the werewolf came out in this dog. He got between his owner and the sound and just went in to complete defense mode. It was pretty neat.

If you want to look in to a breed that is extremely protective, the Central Asian Shepherd is a good choice. It's not an easy choice, but they'll make easy sauce out of any coyote. There's currently an offer in St Cloud for a pup. However, I would heed the advice in the ad, and research the breed. It's an "ultimate" protector that requires an "ultimate" commitment. Although, I will say, it's a very good offer.
Screenshot_20200212-091202_Opera.jpg

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/central-asian-shepherd-dog/
@Muscovy Wunda has a LGD, but I can't remember the breed off hand. The picture she posted the other day of it in the rain was super cute. :love

Chris is going to have to start building coops on his neighbors property to take care of all the birds he’s gotten an is hatching! ;) Good Morning everyone, oh an @KDOGG331 also has ice cream to go with that cake an brownies:drool

:lau yes, yes I do!!

Patti, that is a great idea!
Lol, so I have in the past offered to hatch eggs for my neighbor. That particular neighbor does already have chickens, but the hatching aspect was to scratch my own itch.

Excuses are everywhere, you just have to know where to find them.:oops:

I think I’m an expert at that. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom