@Kiwibird I bought some yellow Kiwis at the grocery. They taste totally different from the green ones and are less hairy are they crossed with something?
My husband and I have an arguement about where these fruits came from. So we googled. They are originally Chinese gooseberrys. The nickname kiwi fruit came later. I thought they came from New Zealand too. None the less, my boys love the golden kiwis because of the lack of fuzz. What did you think of it?

My husband and I have an arguement about where these fruits came from. So we googled. They are originally Chinese gooseberrys. The nickname kiwi fruit came later. I thought they came from New Zealand too. None the less, my boys love the golden kiwis because of the lack of fuzz. What did you think of it?
I think the golden ones are best. Yes, native to China. Known as Chinese gooseberries in my childhood. Once commercial growing began, New Zealand found that the US would not import anything "Chinese" at that point in time, and they were also putting an extra tarriff on "berries" as compared with "fruit", so the name was changed purely for export reasons!

Storms happening all over today. How cool is the storm band stretching south to north? Its the cold front coming in
received_700584950554139.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom