What did you make from your garden today?

I was determined to do more than just canning tomatoes...I wanted to make a pasta sauce that had everything already done except meat mushrooms and pasta...
This is hands down best pasta sauce EVER! Even DH said it was delicious!!!
Can't submit in canning contest cuz I didn't realize ya had to take "pic" of ingredients lol...so yall enjoy it here!
I halfed recipe cuz tomatoes aren't cooperating...and it made 10½ pint jars!
https://www.cloudninesoap.com/blogs...the-best-pasta-sauce-freeze-or-water-bath-can

We had tacos for dinner with cherry tomatoes from the garden. Why cherry tomatoes? Well, I spent the rest of the day getting ready to can bunches of SALSA tomorrow and I used up all of the tomatoes. Yay! So hubby wanted tacos. 18 Pounds peeled, seeded and chopped in the fridge, and I still had to go to the garden in search of tomatoes! LOL

Seeded and chopped 6 pounds of poblano peppers, 3 pounds of jalapenos, 5 pounds of onions. My hands are burning (I wore rubber gloves, but still...), my back and feet hurt, but I'm ready to process in the morning! I use the Zesty Salsa recipe from the Ball Blue Book: https://www.ballmasonjars.com/blog?cid=zesty-salsa - except that I use poblano peppers instead of bell peppers (from an older version of this recipe).

Besides that, I have 15 pounds of cucumbers and 25 pounds of beets that a neighbor dropped off today. Surplus from his garden. Cukes will be dill pickle spears as soon as I can get to them, and the beets are soaking overnight to be cleaned and processed tomorrow after the salsa is done.

Whew.

We had tacos for dinner with cherry tomatoes from the garden. Why cherry tomatoes? Well, I spent the rest of the day getting ready to can bunches of SALSA tomorrow and I used up all of the tomatoes. Yay! So hubby wanted tacos. 18 Pounds peeled, seeded and chopped in the fridge, and I still had to go to the garden in search of tomatoes! LOL

Seeded and chopped 6 pounds of poblano peppers, 3 pounds of jalapenos, 5 pounds of onions. My hands are burning (I wore rubber gloves, but still...), my back and feet hurt, but I'm ready to process in the morning! I use the Zesty Salsa recipe from the Ball Blue Book: https://www.ballmasonjars.com/blog?cid=zesty-salsa - except that I use poblano peppers instead of bell peppers (from an older version of this recipe).

Besides that, I have 15 pounds of cucumbers and 25 pounds of beets that a neighbor dropped off today. Surplus from his garden. Cukes will be dill pickle spears as soon as I can get to them, and the beets are soaking overnight to be cleaned and processed tomorrow after the salsa is done.

Whew.
That’s awesome!

We’ve been alternating tomato/cucumber salads, green beans, sautéed greens, and zucchini. Found a farm stand with a dozen sweet corn for $4 😳, so it will be nice to mix that in as well!

That’s awesome!

We’ve been alternating tomato/cucumber salads, green beans, sautéed greens, and zucchini. Found a farm stand with a dozen sweet corn for $4 😳, so it will be nice to mix that in as well!
I love making a kale or collards hash (bacon, onion, garlic, diced potatoes, and your choice of greens sauteed in a pan) it's definitely one of my favorite ways to eat leaf greens

I follow the “What did you do in your garden today” thread, and the “Whatcha Making for supper” thread. I thought it would be cool for those of us who have gardens to share recipes and meals that we are making seasonally to give others some inspiration for food ideas!

Today at lunch I did not want *another* salad. I chopped an onion, small zucchini, and pepper, sautéed in oil, added kale and an egg and cooked til the onion was starting to carmelize. Delicious, healthy & filling!

What are you making from your garden today? 😊
We'll be making Jalapano poppers later this evening! First year gardening with hubby and hes obsessed with his peppers! He wants to create all things with peppers. Starts like this "hey babe, we can even use the peppers to make......" this intro to conversation has been going on for 2 weeks now, lol. What to do with a gallon size bag filled with dehydrated cayenne peppers now. Keep em away from me! Habaneros already hurt my feelings. "Hey babe, can you guess the scoville level of this pepper"? Its 1 million!!!! Oh for crying out loud I say. Literally, like i was doing 2 days ago after handling his habaneros with bare hands! 🌶😮‍💨😜🥵

Back
Top Bottom