Registration & Membership Questions:
Video "How To" Demo of Using BYC:
- Why should I join BackYardChickens.com?
- Where do I join BYC?
- Where is my account validation email?
- I'm having Trouble Logging In or Changing My Forum Password or Email
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- How do I change my email address & and password?
- Membership is free, but what are Premium Feather Members (PFMs)?
General Site Questions:
Misc. Site Questions:
- I'm new, what should I do first?
- How do I post a question / thread?
- How do I Upload Pictures/Attachments/Images to the new BYC?
- How Do I Add An Avatar (picture) To My Profile?
- How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
- Where is my forum signature?
- Where are watched threads?
- How are Forums, Articles, and Reviews different? (see the table below)
- I'm having technical problems and/or I'm getting errors on the site, what do I do?
- How do I use the Buy/Sell/Trade Section?
- I'm a new member and can't add a profile signature, post an article, review a product, etc.
A: Some features (like profile signatures, posting articles, reviewing products, using our Buy-Sell-Trade sections, etc. require you to have actively posted in our community forum anywhere from 10 - 20 times.
- How Do I Get My Coop Page Added to the BYC Coop Index? A: All the coops submitted to our coop contests are added to the various coop indexes AFTER the contest is over. Please look in our Sponsored Content, Contests, and Giveaways section for a link to the current coop contest and submit your coop there!
- I'm having problems with another member and need to contact a moderator. What do I do?
- What is the BYC Rule Warning / Infraction System? (Warning Chart)
- What are user Titles and how / when do they change?
- I'm not getting email subscriptions what do I do?
- What is the History of BYC?
- How do I sign up for the BYC newsletter? Go to your profile and click "Edit Account Details." Scroll down to "Email Preferences" (after "Password"). Check the box next to where it says "Receive BackYard Chickens Email Newsletter."
- How do I submit a pic of the week (POW)?
- How do I become a moderator?
How are Forums, Articles, and Reviews different?
With so many options, which medium is appropriate for what type of content? While we believe it's ultimately up to you to decide, here's a bit of guidance.
First, forums, articles, product pages (and reviews of those) are all separate features and different ways you can interact with the site and its members. They are tied together across the site to make related information easier to find, but there are in fact many differences.
What is it?
- ideal place for group interaction
- here each user can start new threads, respond to existing threads and posts, etc.
- ask questions to the community
- post links to interesting articles and start a conversation
- articles allow you to author an article on your own to share information to the community and the world
- "How-to" instructions and guides
- informational articles
- personal opinions of products AFTER having personal experience with those particular products
- candid and respectful personal opinions
BYC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!