CONCERNING DE

You can buy online with a debit card from your bank or get a paypal account that comes straight out of your bank account. That way it is paid for and done with and you don't have to worry about it.

I have some that says "food-grade. I wear gloves and try not to breathe it as suggested. I mix it in some yogurt for a natural dewormer. BTW: My chickens like "Vanilla Flavor Yogurt")
big_smile.png

I wouldn't waste my money on DE. I have a 100 lbs. of it. Had it for years. It's useless if it gets wet, and my chickens sneezed and wheezed when I put it in the coop. Your better off using eprinex for internal and external parasites.

Yeah, what Spatcher says!
wink.png

I would'nt be without it either.
I also order from FreshwaterOrganics.com, and have gotten excellent service from Fran.
I just found out yesterday when we went to get alfalfa hay for the horses/chickens that the feed mill I go to also gets the Permaguard Food Grade DE and because there's no shipping chg..it's like half the price of what I pd for the 50# bag. 32.00 for 50lbs.
I thought the main reason people put it in the feed was to keep out other bugs if they get in there(?) and to deworm.
It's also been great for fly control, though I'm very careful to only put it where the bees and ladybugs and praying mantis don't inhabit.
I appreciate all the info on here about DE though, I know some don't use it because it doesn't work for them and that's okay too. At least we all get educated, and see the different views so we do what we feel is best for our own chickens. I love this board and literally spend most of my internet time reading it daily!
Thanks everyone.

OK, so since I am using it for external control, I may need to nut a product with 5% sevin in it. I have never thought about using that because (to me) it is almost as difficult to find. I realize this particular product is everywhere, I know cuz I have looked. But how do you know which product you should use that contains 5% sevin? there are lots. what other products should or shouldnt it contain also? I realize I sound (lazy?) whiney but remember, once I know what this product looks like and what all the ingredients are than I will not ask these questions again. Sorry. I just don't want to accidentally make my chickies sic or kill them. especially my ROO.
Zookeeper, We are in McMillan, over here by (gasp) Newberry, sports rivals lol. Not that we are really that much competition I don't think.
But thank you all for the answers. I know other people are benefiting from this also.
Mary-kay

Back
Top Bottom