Snake and grass whining tax.
DSCN8560.JPG
DSCN8561.JPG

I now have to question after reading about @RoyalChick and @BY Bob experiences so far with feisty legbars is that just a trait of theirs? If so it actually sounds quite enduring, even if painful.
So far Glynda very much reminds me so much of Leghorn. They are also feisty chickens in my experience and are part of the genetic makeup of thr legbar so that could be part of it.

RC is right about this as well. They are high speed chickens. Everything is done quickly. It is really fascinating because Orpingtons are not, high speed chickens and while Polish are normally quick, Gucci is not. So Glynda will run around in circles trying to get the other two to move on to something interesting.

I promise you all it is not just for vanity's sake that I prefer to keep my yard not to overgrown. It is the snakes. I'm not just dealing with copperheads. If it were just copperheads, while I don't want bitten it most likely would not be the end of the world. We also have Rattlesnakes, both Timber and Eastern Diamondbacks. I have been fortunate enough so far to not have one in my yard....yet. Half a mile up the road, they have killed 2 this season alone. Big ones at that. Of course if I ever do run across a rattler the bite will not kill me, I'll drop dead of a heart attack. I do NOT do snakes.
Mow. Please mow ASAP. You are giving me the jitters just reading about them!

So far Glynda very much reminds me so much of Leghorn. They are also feisty chickens in my experience and are part of the genetic makeup of thr legbar so that could be part of it.

RC is right about this as well. They are high speed chickens. Everything is done quickly. It is really fascinating because Orpingtons are not, high speed chickens and while Polish are normally quick, Gucci is not. So Glynda will run around in circles trying to get the other two to move on to something interesting.
Yup. That is Lulu. She is constantly urging everyone else to get on and hurry up already!

Mow. Please mow ASAP. You are giving me the jitters just reading about them!
@RebeccaBoyd i second this! Prevention and reducing the habitat around your living areas is the best solution. Sad that the snakes are being killed, but it’s not something everyone is able to handle for relocation, or get someone in in time to relocate them. Are the Timber Rattlers threatened in your area?

Hi everyone! My internet\cell connection has been making getting online practically impossible! So much so that when I even try to log on the description now comes up as “page could not be loaded” and I usually sit staring at the little blue bar that can’t seem to make it past 50%.
DB669E7E-8FD1-4734-8EC6-9C44B6668E39.jpeg

Everything here is much the same, and it’s been too darn hot out to get much done, but today I finally figured out where my eggs are going. I found the nest!!! There must be about 15 eggs, now to figure out if she’s actually sitting on them tonight and possibly relocate to the maternity ward… I might be getting more chicks!

Back
Top Bottom