Speaking of Chiquita I have to show you all something. I have had her for 10 months now, and when she first arrived she looked rough.
This was her the first night.
View attachment 3282656
The next day.
View attachment 3282657View attachment 3282658
Look at her now, she looks like a completely different hen. She has gained weight and her feathers and color is just gorgeous. These were taken just a few minutes ago. My angry floof really is living her best life.
View attachment 3282663View attachment 3282664View attachment 3282665View attachment 3282666View attachment 3282667View attachment 3282668View attachment 3282672View attachment 3282679View attachment 3282681View attachment 3282682
Stunning transformation ❤️

Help Me Wow GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Maggie is warming herself in the sun. Temperatures are dipping into the 30s at night this weekend. I don’t know if that is too cold for her to cope given she is half naked.
All you cold-climate people any advice? It will be 38 on Sunday pre-dawn. Probably a few degrees warmer inside their roosting area.

View attachment 3282542
You have probably already received responses to this as I am a bit behind, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Isabella has a completely bare bum and has shown no problems with it at morning temperatures below freezing. She does handle the cold extremely well at all times though. She is a Brahma (also known as a chicken for those who don't know breeds!) ;)

You have probably already received responses to this as I am a bit behind, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Isabella has a completely bare bum and has shown no problems with it at morning temperatures below freezing. She does handle the cold extremely well at all times though. She is a Brahma (also known as a chicken for those who don't know breeds!) ;)
Thanks. Very helpful. I looked at the 10 day forecast and it is not expected to go down to freezing and there are no drafts so I think she will be OK. I notice new feathers coming in on her tail and around her neck, but she is still leaving feathers wherever she goes.

Invasion of the Hut

Phyllis has decided recently that she wants roost back in her house, the Cluckle Hut. This has led to her chasing the Rascals out of the Hut and then being locked out. So I decided to split the roost. Yesterday I stapled up some chicken wire. You can see it on this picture from last night.

View attachment 3281468

Notice that Phyllis is able to tuck in her face if not her whole head. Here is an example of Gucci doing the same last night.

View attachment 3281466
Aww, so sweet! :love

Back
Top Bottom