So adorable. I've got my fingers crossed that for at least 2 to 3 weeks they will be able to fit under her. Once they get some feathers with the protection of the coop and the tote they should be ok if some parts of them stick out from under her.
Oh I should NOT look at old baby pictures! That just does bad bad things to me :)

It's milder where you are so by then you should be into better weather - when my kiddos were a month old it was coming into miserable weather! Having said that, they seemed to thrive well enough! And Henny Penny herself prefers the cooler weather. She really suffers in the heat.
We really just have to make it through February. For the most part January has been mild. February always is miserable.

How is your one hen (sorry can't remember her name - bad Kelly!) - is she doing ok since that second draining?
Hi, Kelly. I forgot to add the video. I just added it. Lucky is doing OK. Not great, but not terrible either. She’s doing some chickeny things, but she moves slower than everyone else and I can tell she’s uncomfortable. Poor baby.

Yay to Saturday!
Aww - thanks 💕 They all (even Lucky) look like they are enjoying some nice weather.

Thanks everyone for sharing all the awesome videos and photos I really appreciate it, especially this week. While I love my job, I don't love being away from my family, and my pets. Thanks again.

More Henny Penny and babies, 08 Nov 2021.
IMG_20211108_102212.jpg

We really just have to make it through February. For the most part January has been mild. February always is miserable.
I am so grateful for a mild winter back home this winter - makes my being out here easier knowing 1) my mum isn't fighting -30C weather and storms like last year, 2) the chickies don't have to be freezing in that barn without the benefit of the horses warming it up.

I am hoping and praying the rest of the winter stays warm. Then when I get home maybe I will have some broodies that need some chicks to care for :)

Oh I wish I could hatch eggs... :(
1657127939053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom