@BY Bob, you mentioned earlier that Sydney has started pecking at the chicks, right? How old were the chicks when that started? I'm just curious because I have chicks that are almost 8 weeks old and they still go everywhere with their mom. They even still sleep with her in the nest box!
Sydney cast them lose around 4 weeks. She did not start pecking at them until around 7 weeks.

I am trying to catch up but I am still 30 pages behind. Apparently it's been over a week since I logged in last. It has been an eventful week. I have been dealing with deaths, finishing the chicken coop, getting my house clean enough for a realtor to see it, figuring out if the public school's online option is right for our kids, and the night we put the 9 week old chicks in the new coop a bear comes and gets one of the guineas and tore at their coop trying to get another one. Storm Isaias only loosened some puny branches from trees so no drama there at least!

I will catch up in all your happenings soon!

I am trying to catch up but I am still 30 pages behind. Apparently it's been over a week since I logged in last. It has been an eventful week. I have been dealing with deaths, finishing the chicken coop, getting my house clean enough for a realtor to see it, figuring out if the public school's online option is right for our kids, and the night we put the 9 week old chicks in the new coop a bear comes and gets one of the guineas and tore at their coop trying to get another one. Storm Isaias only loosened some puny branches from trees so no drama there at least!

It’s doesn’t take long to get behind!! Sorry about your birds.. and I hope you find the right schooling for your family...

My current black cat - Nightshade - is a huge boy and he loves to sleep on my shoulders when I am working. He snores/purrs in my ear which tickles. I confess I am hopelessly besotted with him. He is very lazy but as fast a flash if there is a mouse or chipmunk in the vicinity.
Can I borrow him? ;D
We have caught 5 mice in our house in the last week. We haven't had mice in our house for the last 5+ years!

That is more than a little. Wow! I hope next week is better for you.

I'm glad you survived the storm ok. I was wondering.

Can I borrow him? ;D
We have caught 5 mice in our house in the last week. We haven't had mice in our house for the last 5+ years!
That's why we got our first cat. I found mice in the house. I have never been without one since.

Can I borrow him? ;D
I will ask him. But my guess is he will point out there are plenty of mice right here and that he can’t be bothered to take a road trip. Then he will stretch and fall back asleep for a couple of hours! 🥰

That is more than a little. Wow! I hope next week is better for you.

I'm glad you survived the storm ok. I was wondering.
Yes, typing it out helped me get some perspective on just how much it was! The only thing on today's schedule is picking blueberries at my parents' and grocery shopping. Well, there's the usual keeping all the voracious velociraptors around here fed. I am not sure if I am talking about the chickens, guineas, or children when I say that. :/ :D

On the Catwalk

Phyllis did a photo shoot for me yesterday. She nailed it as always. Which is your favorite expression?

Friendly
20200813_082106.jpg

Sexy
20200813_082040.jpg

Distracted
20200813_082011.jpg

Playful
20200813_081945.jpg

Interested
20200813_081925.jpg

Wary
20200813_081906.jpg