That little cuss. Did you paint him? Please tell me he is blue.
I am so glad the palace is finished
I think he is a young-un. So maybe ‘son of’ the blue painted fox.
The Palace is not quite finished. There is one wall that still needs siding and I need to deal with the pipe that disgorges water into the run (that is what the big hole is all about - I am experimenting with how to deal with it). And then of course I have decorating ideas!
Are chicken coops ever finished? Everyone on BYC seems to be like me and tinker with home improvements for their chickens!
But in the way you mean, fully closed up and (hopefully) secure, yes, it is done.
I do want to try an electric wire. But it seems complicated. Less complicated but fiddly I have been sealing up tiny gaps to keep the mice out.

Cillin's last bandage I hope. He's very good about it. I woke him up this evening because I was late having to deal with other chicken dramas. A walnut and a few grapes got me forgiven.
Very difficult to give Cillin treats during the day. 90% of what he gets given, or finds he gives to the hens.
He's still got a large bump where the wound is, but it's clean apart from the new scab. I filed a bit more of his spur to put some shape in, which is growing, but very very slowly.
View attachment 2303032View attachment 2303033View attachment 2303034
I wish I could see a video, or even a photo , of you tending to Cillin.

You must have a very special relationship, 💞

Have any of you ever seen a ‘naked’ fluffy butt?? 😄 View attachment 2303176

Somewhat, Yes....
20.4.8(1).jpg

Panic in the Palace
What a lot of noise and panic. Look closely and you will see why.

As I was running to the Chicken Palace to defend my flock and investigate the ruckus, this was going on. Cheeky devil!
He's beautiful.

Pity he's going after your girls. Definitely time to break out the paintball guns!

I think he is a young-un. So maybe ‘son of’ the blue painted fox.
The Palace is not quite finished. There is one wall that still needs siding and I need to deal with the pipe that disgorges water into the run (that is what the big hole is all about - I am experimenting with how to deal with it). And then of course I have decorating ideas!
Are chicken coops ever finished? Everyone on BYC seems to be like me and tinker with home improvements for their chickens!
But in the way you mean, fully closed up and (hopefully) secure, yes, it is done.
I do want to try an electric wire. But it seems complicated. Less complicated but fiddly I have been sealing up tiny gaps to keep the mice out.
Fox proof finished is what i meant. You are correct. It seems like a coop is never actually done.

Everyone knew what that was running around the coop though didn't they. I'm sure the littles have never seen one before but they knew.

Pancake Theif

Aurora was caught blue-beaked having swiped a piece of blueberry pancake from Sydney.
20200824_093555.jpg

I've been thinking about how when Maleficent mooched and stole i found it endearing. Compared to how when Aurora does it I just shake my head. I was worried that I had eyes for Mal 😍 and was judging Miss Aurora too harshly.

I have come to the conclusion that it is about how they went about it. Mal thrived and ran. Aurora bullies. This too could be the product of their being bully-able hens below Aurora in the order whereas there were not for Mal.

I'm sure there is a certain amount of idealism going on as Maleficent is right up there with Daisy, the greatest hen ever, in the pantheon of Fluffy Butt Acres greats.

Panic in the Palace
What a lot of noise and panic. Look closely and you will see why.

As I was running to the Chicken Palace to defend my flock and investigate the ruckus, this was going on. Cheeky devil!
Oh my gosh!! Is that a fox during the day!?!
We have some in a nearby neighborhood and I wasn’t too concerned but if they attack during the day it looks like Ima need a gun!!! A real gun!... not a paintball gun 😬.... they are cute but I will kill them if they try to get my gals!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom