I got a few pictures tonight while the chooks were out.

Father and Son
20201002_183152.jpg

I got a new roosting picture as well. The boys are on either end of the roost. Lucky is over with Goldie the lead hen.
20201002_213158.jpg

What are your little(r) ones called if the big ladies are Princesses? Will they all be Princesses eventually?
Yes. I think to live in the Chicken Palace they will become Princesses. Maybe sleeping in the big roost is the milestone when they become the Little Princesses

They are both so tall! Even Stanley's daughters are big ladies. They are the same size as my Buff Orp and they are only 7 months old!
Nothing wrong with a big lady! I do love your flock and I love how the boys stand. Like father like son. Very handsome.

The day I have been waiting for!
The young ladies are not at the top of the window tonight and are roosting - next to Maggie no less!
They started the evening up on the window as usual. Maggie had missed her favorite spot by the wall and was at the open end. I was late to lock up so went out with my headlamp and in the light Dotty jumped down.
But then the trouble started because Maggie gave her a sharp peck and Dotty couldn’t get back up without getting too close to Maggie. So she paced up and down the roost making pathetic peeping sounds. Eventually Minnie jumped down to keep her company and here we are!
I am going to clean and close that window in the morning and everyone can sleep on the big-girl bed/roost from now on.
In other news, Elizabeth caught and ate a mouse today.

View attachment 2357833
:wee:wee:wee

Another milestone!

Good on Elizabeth catching that mouse.:thumbsup

The day I have been waiting for!
The young ladies are not at the top of the window tonight and are roosting - next to Maggie no less!
They started the evening up on the window as usual. Maggie had missed her favorite spot by the wall and was at the open end. I was late to lock up so went out with my headlamp and in the light Dotty jumped down.
But then the trouble started because Maggie gave her a sharp peck and Dotty couldn’t get back up without getting too close to Maggie. So she paced up and down the roost making pathetic peeping sounds. Eventually Minnie jumped down to keep her company and here we are!
I am going to clean and close that window in the morning and everyone can sleep on the big-girl bed/roost from now on.
In other news, Elizabeth caught and ate a mouse today.

View attachment 2357833
We all knew it would come. Hopefully they all enjoy the night sleeping together.

Now I have never witnessed mine eating a mouse but I have seen plenty of pictures of it occurring on BYC. Was it as slick as people say it is? I have a morbid curiosity on this topic.

Fluffy Butt Friday! I will try to set my phone to take smaller meg pictures but this one is about 5 megs, the next one 4 megs. So I chose "thumbnail" here, is that best?

Don't know who this is, but her butt is perfect! They are almost 13 weeks old.

View attachment 2357860

And here's a two-fer! I think that's Hazel inspecting my hardware cloth in progress. Luckily no one pooped on it while I was working...

View attachment 2357866
You can do full sized if you want. I believe that once you have it uploaded the size doesn't matter.

These are some beautiful butts. Thanks for sharing them with us. 🥰

I got a few pictures tonight while the chooks were out.

Father and Son
View attachment 2357876

I got a new roosting picture as well. The boys are on either end of the roost. Lucky is over with Goldie the lead hen.
View attachment 2357879
What an amazing photo of father and son. Ned is getting quite large and is cute as a button. 🥰 Do Lucky and Goldie spend time together or is this just a fortuitous roost for her?

Nothing wrong with a big lady! I do love your flock and I love how the boys stand. Like father like son. Very handsome.
Ned has had that stance since he hatched. Isn't he a handsome fellow! 🥰

I am so glad he is growing up with his Dad. I just know he is going to be a great rooster because of it.

Back
Top Bottom