Interesting. It's hard to imagine not having trespass laws. So how do you force someone to leave your property when they are unwelcome?
You can't really. If they damage the land, or as in the case of the dogs, your livestock, you can take appropriate measures, but you can't stop people from being on your land as long as they haven't gained entry by force so to speak.
In many ways I approve of the lack of law with regard to trespass. I've always had difficulty with the idea that one can own a piece of a planet.:rolleyes::lau
The lack of the law seems in general to work well. Lots of city people fence their land off, the locals tend not to unless they are trying to contain livestock.

I don't understand people letting their dogs roam free (apart from off lead areas, but that is under supervision).

Do these people not have fences? I'd worry about my dogs getting hit by a car. Maybe not a worry on your island Ribh, but it is still very inconsiderate.
The thing that gets up my snoze the most is that people know their animal is being a pest. Last time we had a stray round here I'd picked up a solid stick. It was a big dog & I've had trouble with aggressive dogs so I always go in armed. I wouldn't have hit it unless it actually attacked but I was swinging that stick around & shouting @ it to get lost & next thing I know its owner is calling it home! 🙄 Instead of worrying about what I might have done to his animal wasn't the sensible thing to keep his beastie under control? :confused:

That's no good for the chooks or the dogs. :mad:

Do people think that your property is part of the park?

Would "Private Property. No trespassing" signs help?

Or maybe just "Livestock in area. All Dogs must be kept on leash. Unleashed dogs will be shot" signs! :rant
I would go with "loose dogs shot on sight" it's not true but imagine the effect of such a sign on dog owners. They'd leash their dogs in a heartbeat.

I don't understand people letting their dogs roam free (apart from off lead areas, but that is under supervision).

Do these people not have fences? I'd worry about my dogs getting hit by a car. Maybe not a worry on your island Ribh, but it is still very inconsiderate.
Yes, it's thoughtless from almost every perspective.

I really like this sign. I bet you would need a whole lot of them though.

“Private Property, No Dogs, Bull at Large”

I want to post this on every gate and fenceline between us and the Park as well. I have to say I do seem to have a whole lot in common with @Shadrach although DH puts his foot down at the House Chickens.

You may have to break out the reading glasses for this one, but here’s a sign (new?) from the western Beach giving some of the history of our Farm. I wonder, looking back, if the sale of the unusable-for-farming land to parks was such a great idea? Did they anticipate all the tourist issues, and disrespectful dog owners?
0B204517-1924-4027-BE8F-204F54A5D8A6.png

“Private Property, No Dogs, Bull at Large”

I want to post this on every gate and fenceline between us and the Park as well. I have to say I do seem to have a whole lot in common with @Shadrach although DH puts his foot down at the House Chickens.

You may have to break out the reading glasses for this one, but here’s a sign (new?) from the western Beach giving some of the history of our Farm. I wonder, looking back, if the sale of the unusable-for-farming land to parks was such a great idea? Did they anticipate all the tourist issues, and disrespectful dog owners?
View attachment 2389499
That's cool!

Back
Top Bottom