Do you hear those bagpipes too? :confused:
Four Islands, and we have exactly on piper (from Pender :rolleyes: of course) I occasionally threaten to take it up as a hobby. Just for the annoy the heck out of the in-laws factor, but as we do have some neighbors, and our generator can be heard by both them and south Pender, I have decided not to torture them as well. Don’t get me wrong, I love bagpipes... but someone learning to play them? Hmmm, negotiating factor? They don’t Know me well enough to tell when I’m bluffing. “Give me my heery coos, or I will buy bagapopes and attempt to learn how to play them!” :gig

Four Islands, and we have exactly on piper (from Pender :rolleyes: of course) I occasionally threaten to take it up as a hobby. Just for the annoy the heck out of the in-laws factor, but as we do have some neighbors, and our generator can be heard by both them and south Pender, I have decided not to torture them as well. Don’t get me wrong, I love bagpipes... but someone learning to play them? Hmmm, negotiating factor? They don’t Know me well enough to tell when I’m bluffing. “Give me my heery coos, or I will buy bagapopes and attempt to learn how to play them!” :gig
Exactly! :clap

I’m sorry if I’m being a thread hog today. I’m just so excited to be home, not working, taking care of my flock and my family. I really, really, really, really needed a break from work. Anyway, the flock is acting normal now.
Lovely to see but looks veru strange to me. They're all so spread out!

Bob, do you wanna know a meat treat that my flock is absolutely crazy for? Beef liver! I got it at first when Roxy got really anemic… Remember when her intestines were bleeding? Anyway, I had no idea, because I had never purchased it before, but it is super, super cheap! By cheap, I mean inexpensive. And it’s an amazing iron boost. My flock goes absolutely crazy for it. I cut it into tiny little cubes and I control who gets a bite at a time.
This lot like liver as well.

I have never and I mean never, seen them lick something. How do I make this happen? Does anyone have video? I must see this.

I shared a video ages ago of two of my ISAs licking the banana lounge. I’ll share it again here. Penny is on the left, Lucy is in the middle preening and Chickie is on the right. Watch Chickie; as her beak is shortened you can see her tongue clearly.

As I am scrolling through the pictures I accidentally tap some, adding them in. Then it takes a awhile to upload, and I usually see it and cancel them all and try again, but this time they uploaded before I noticed they were there because the pic of Mrs B took a while to appear in the post, and then I just clicked “post reply” without even knowing they were there! Ooops. Seeing as the data was already used I didn’t bother to delete them and just edited in an explanation.
Ok. I can see that happening.

I wish I had one of those mugs!!!! That works great too! :D
You can get them on the internet. The brand is Worcester and the designer is Christopher Wrendale. There's a rooster on the other side.

IMG20201110074512.jpg

I was ready to declare victory but then .. ..
For two nights there were no rodents on the night cameras, no traps sprung, no peanut butter licked off traps.
I was ready to declare RC the winner of Rodents vs RC.
However, the mice demanded a recount. And sure enough last night there was one solitary and very trap shy rodent spotted at 4am. Not sure if it was a mouse or a rat.
Back to shock and awe tonight.
So close. Drat!

Back
Top Bottom