Do you ever get the flu? I felt the same way, because I didn't know how bad it can get. Then I got so sick I would have gone to the hospital if it weren't the middle of the night, and being home alone couldn't have driven myself there. I couldn't lay down at all. Couldn't breathe.
Nope. Im rarely ever sick @ all. I had pluerisy after my twins so I get it hurts so bad you want to stop breathing but Ive been taking my risks for 60 years & my horror of needles outweighs nearly all other considerations. My Dr has been trying to get a blood sample out of me for years. Not going to happen. We're only just managing the skin cancer thing. He keeps having to scrape me up of the floor.

Nope. Im rarely ever sick @ all. I had pluerisy after my twins so I get it hurts so bad you want to stop breathing but Ive been taking my risks for 60 years & my horror of needles outweighs nearly all other considerations. My Dr has been trying to get a blood sample out of me for years. Not going to happen. We're only just managing the skin cancer thing. He keeps having to scrape me up of the floor.
First of all, so sorry about the skin cancer fight and your fear of needles. :hugs I've had pleurisy before, and it is painful. That's not what the flu is like. I couldn't breathe. Couldn't get enough oxygen in my lungs. I really should have called 911, but I kept telling myself I would live. Luckily I did. I hadn't had the flu in 40+ years before that. It's just worth thinking about. Shots aren't that bad. Close your eyes and you might not even know it happened.

First of all, so sorry about the skin cancer fight and your fear of needles. :hugs I've had pleurisy before, and it is painful. That's not what the flu is like. I couldn't breathe. Couldn't get enough oxygen in my lungs. I really should have called 911, but I kept telling myself I would live. Luckily I did. I hadn't had the flu in 40+ years before that. It's just worth thinking about. Shots aren't that bad. Close your eyes and you might not even know it happened.
Nope. :) Sorrow. I bruise. I shake. I weep. Wont be happening any time soon. I was a kid last time I had the flu & Id had a shot thanks to the parents so I consider it a fairly pointless exercise anyway. Everyone is different though. I just don't happen to have a very high opinion of modern medical practises.

What a great summary response.

As far as coronavirus goes, i am a microbiologist. Far more people have died from the flu this year. It always the very young, very old, and the chronically ill that are most at risk from a virus like this. It will continue to infect people until we are all exposed and develop immunity unless we develop a vaccine and create herd immunity first.

It seems that the press is enjoying this story this story right now. I like to worry about things I can actually control and this is not one. I would say don't let it keep you up at night.

It's always nice to hear from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, rather than the hysteria created by the media. This is why I don't pay particular attention to the news as it's all doom and gloom and messes with my headspace.

Nope. :) Sorrow. I bruise. I shake. I weep. Wont be happening any time soon. I was a kid last time I had the flu & Id had a shot thanks to the parents so I consider it a fairly pointless exercise anyway. Everyone is different though. I just don't happen to have a very high opinion of modern medical practises.
Maybe try zicam if one comes on, or take Echinecea?

I don’t get flu shots and have only had a flu once in my life.

Shad, nice looking treats! I have ten and have never given them anywhere near half of that all at once. A big treat day would be maybe 3 tbsp of wheat berries (so approx 1 tsp each) or three ears of corn split between them all. Once in awhile they do get a whole head of kale, but I seriously doubt that makes them fat. I also sprout seeds and grains once in awhile. Finally, I did used to provide eggs occasionally, but pretty much stopped. Now that would be a VERY rare treat. I still think they got fat for two reasons:
1. Forage seeds. I threw pounds and pounds of seeds (grass, flax, clover, alfalfa, buckwheat, millet, lentils, field peas) last year trying to grow them a nice pasture.
2. BOREDOM. They are confined to a run most of the time, and it was too barren, so they spent too much time sitting and stuffing their faces. I have added more climbing and roosting areas, plus have added a variety of materials to the litter in hopes of keeping them interested and attracting bugs. I think it’s working.

Back
Top Bottom