Lined up to Lay

4 of 5 hens lined up to lay in nest box #2 and Hattie is clearly tied of waiting!

I'm curious to see if #1 nest is ever used again. They seem quite habituated to #2 now, although the P--zone would be having some influence too.

This is not about my chickens or a story for that matter. I just thought you all might enjoy seeing this video. I was totally amazed. Science is unbelievable. This video is 2 years old so you may have seen it already.

I always wonder what the reprocussions of hatches like this are. I know the shell is important for building strength at hatch so I wonder what happens to partial or fully shelless hatches afterwards.

Sydney inhales tomatoes like that as well whereas Lilly feels the need to drop them and eat them daintily. That suits Sydney just fine as she will use her long next to steal them from Lilly once they hit the ground. :eek:
Mary inhales tomatoes and picks up all the seeds whereas Ivy really can't be bothered.

I always wonder what the reprocussions of hatches like this are. I know the shell is important for building strength at hatch so I wonder what happens to partial or fully shelless hatches afterwards.
I didn't watch the whole video, did it say the purpose of hatching a chick with no shell?

Back
Top Bottom