Chickies all in bed, horses fed, and a big full moon out there. This time last night it was -20, now tonight it is -22C, it didn't break -30 last night, it might tonight.

Thinking it's time to get a heated poultry waterer, anyone have any preferences?
I bought a Farm Innovator's heated nipple waterer from Amazon.ca and it has worked wonderfully for my hens. I was previously using a heated pet bowl for water, but the girls were constantly filling it up with bedding with their enthusiastic scratching. This was so much better.

Thanks, yes it would be hard to know if it would deter a fox, but it sounds like it might be better than my pathetic rock throwing, especially if it leaves bruises!
You need one of those bean bag rifles they use on bears 😲

That would surely get the attention of a fox, just watch out for your chickens don't get in the way!

I bought a Farm Innovator's heated nipple waterer from Amazon.ca and it has worked wonderfully for my hens. I was previously using a heated pet bowl for water, but the girls were constantly filling it up with bedding with their enthusiastic scratching. This was so much better.
Yep have that problem with the waterers I have, now I keep the waterers on the alley floor haha.

Back
Top Bottom