It probably will be unless they hatch fast. I do know that if I have not laid down by 3ish, staying up all night. Alarms are set for 5:45 for school mornings. At 13 Rosie does not need me to get up with her, but she's my baby and its a habit I have yet to break getting up with her. Plus end up fixing breakfast before the bus runs for both her and Maddy most mornings.
Any news?

So today after we got the front door in we had to get organized for DH’s medical appointment trip and get water into the trailer (cause if I’m driving down with him I’m going to get water). While I was doing some quick chores around the yard in preparation for our departure our friends that we are having help with some of the labour started laughing and said out loud “does she even realize she’s being followed around by a giant herd of chickens?” So I turned around and snapped this quick pic… if only they had seen it when it was closer to 100 chickens in the “herd” lol or in the morning, doing the early feeding chores etc! Because honestly as far as huge groups of chickens on my heels goes… this little band of hopefuls is actually pretty small! 😂 View attachment 2997352View attachment 2997358
You guys are coming on in leaps and bounds. Great door, lovely chicken train.
What is your move in plan? Wait until it is finished? Start sleeping there as soon as it is closed off from the elements (which it must nearly be)?
So exciting!

I have found that having the two of them brooding together in the same nest box is a blessing, they have kept each other warm and avoided the randy teen Roos and Pangoo Rooster-brats advances.

I will have to seperate them when they break broody, they r too small for Pangoo and I don't want any further feather loss from the randy teens.

Twice a day to haul them off the nest give them food and water, they have weathered it well. Today they both came out on their own aye and went back in, so I think they are coming to the end of this cycle. I just darn well hope Henny Penny doesn't decide to start next.

I am planning on starting a new project (hopefully) and don't want my mum dealing with wacky broody hens in the winter... Oh work is a four letter word, bit it pays the bills...

Whining tax

Pangoo overseeing his harem on Mount Poopmore yesterday, I just looked out the window, lots of new snow the poor chooks will not be getting out to dig in the dirt any time soon .

View attachment 2997479
That is a great picture with him on watch from the top of the mountain.

So today after we got the front door in we had to get organized for DH’s medical appointment trip and get water into the trailer (cause if I’m driving down with him I’m going to get water). While I was doing some quick chores around the yard in preparation for our departure our friends that we are having help with some of the labour started laughing and said out loud “does she even realize she’s being followed around by a giant herd of chickens?” So I turned around and snapped this quick pic… if only they had seen it when it was closer to 100 chickens in the “herd” lol or in the morning, doing the early feeding chores etc! Because honestly as far as huge groups of chickens on my heels goes… this little band of hopefuls is actually pretty small! 😂 View attachment 2997352View attachment 2997358
That's a lovely entrance. 😍

The whole thing looks like it's coming along nicely. Do you have an estimated date of finishing? Or don't you want to jinx yourself?

I hope I didn't jinx you...:oops::fl

Back
Top Bottom