I sat in the run for a while this afternoon. It's too hot for this time of year. The ladies made divots to lie in to cool off.

I have a container that I collect chicken treat stuff in. Banana peels, bits of greens, etc. One thing I thought they would LOVE is old maid popcorn kernels. Nope. Don't touch 'em. I thought they'd flip over corn, but I guess not.

Anyone have a treat that totally bombed?
Hazel is the only one who doesn’t like sunflower seeds. Everyone else Hoovers what they can. Hazel gets all standoffish once she finds out what it is. Can’t entice her at all.

Best mugshot I could get of "her". No idea yet on the little one, but "she's" feathering in chocolate with black under tones. Last egg to hatch from the incubator.View attachment 3110194
Beak bomber is the cheeky little Cheetah clone.

Adding more chat here to assist in NOT missing the spoiler. I think that pic will turn up again....
Hmmmm...so my mum was correct. Mothers do have eyes on their backside!:lau

CHEEEESE!!!😂
8D6ABE3F-1A00-4795-8256-54038F27A295.jpeg

RC, I'm having trouble staying abreast of your tribe but if I understand things you have allowed the little hooligans access to the coop proper & they are getting used to it. Give them a couple of days & then block of the baby hut. They will be used to the coop & not fuss quite as much ~ which is how I've done it the last few times I've integrated. There is always a little fuss. Your big girls will probably object some but it will settle quickly. I think you are doing really well & your girls have you beautifully trained. 🤣:hugs
Ha ha. Yes I am well trained.
My issue with the Hooligans is they all stay huddled together. They don’t explore.
I think it is because Bernadette is not able to because of her leg and they stuck with her.
I have booted them from their penthouse brooder. Partly because I hope ground level will make it easier for Bernadette, and partly because I need the hospital ward (aka penthouse brooder) for Minnie who is suddenly very unwell this morning.
😢

Welcome!

Oh babies 💖💖💖💖 oh how I wish I could have babies, but alas, it's not in the cards....

So I now live vicariously through those with babies! Meanwhile my silkie Curly McNugget has been broody for about 4 days now, and I keep having thoughts of throwing eggs under her 🤗
I say you should stop thinking about it and just do it!!! What’s a few more gonna hurt… that’s my motto 😂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Best mugshot I could get of "her". No idea yet on the little one, but "she's" feathering in chocolate with black under tones. Last egg to hatch from the incubator.View attachment 3110194

Adding more chat here to assist in NOT missing the spoiler. I think that pic will turn up again....
How on earth did wee one get up there ??!!!! Awesome pic!

OMG! That is an amazing picture!

Back
Top Bottom