Aurora is Sick

View attachment 2069340

I've been keeping watch on her as I noticed a couple of unusual poos over the last several days. She did not come running out this morning when I let them out to free range like she normally does. In fact I ast first thought she was on the nest and when she wasn't there I panicked. I did finally locate her standing outside the complex side door. Tail down. Not a lot of energy.

And then I got this smelly poo.:sick I will only show the small version. Just click to make it bigger if you are interested.
View attachment 2069341

I was scooped it up to run to the lab and I found out that they are not accepting specimens from the public due to COVID 19. :barnie :he:mad:

The closest lab that is accepting specimens is a 3 hour trip away. So I'm pulling out the corrid and going to treat without confirmation. I'll have to go on poo watch and make sure things improve. :(

I would just like to find normal for a while. I was just feeling like the flock was at least there. :oops:
Sorry to hear she's under the weather. Hang in there! Let us know how she's doing.

P.S. enjoy poop watch :)

Do you close the door every night by hand? What is the lock in process? Maybe a latch on the door to keep it open until you put them in for the night makes sense?

Yes, I lock them in each night and latch the door. The runs are built to be predator-proof so if I don't get the chance to latch them in at night then it should be fine. But honestly I like coming in to the coop at bed-time for a chat and so I do latch the door each night.
The solve for the door closing issue is to put a latch on the other side so I can 'latch it open' during the day, but I really want to figure out how they do it first!

Aurora is Sick

View attachment 2069340

I've been keeping watch on her as I noticed a couple of unusual poos over the last several days. She did not come running out this morning when I let them out to free range like she normally does. In fact I ast first thought she was on the nest and when she wasn't there I panicked. I did finally locate her standing outside the complex side door. Tail down. Not a lot of energy.

And then I got this smelly poo.:sick I will only show the small version. Just click to make it bigger if you are interested.
View attachment 2069341

I was scooped it up to run to the lab and I found out that they are not accepting specimens from the public due to COVID 19. :barnie :he:mad:

The closest lab that is accepting specimens is a 3 hour trip away. So I'm pulling out the corrid and going to treat without confirmation. I'll have to go on poo watch and make sure things improve. :(

I would just like to find normal for a while. I was just feeling like the flock was at least there. :oops:
Oh no! Hope she recovers quickly. I confess I sometimes see big tar-black poos but had just thought it was 'range of normal'.

Yes, I lock them in each night and latch the door. The runs are built to be predator-proof so if I don't get the chance to latch them in at night then it should be fine. But honestly I like coming in to the coop at bed-time for a chat and so I do latch the door each night.
The solve for the door closing issue is to put a latch on the other side so I can 'latch it open' during the day, but I really want to figure out how they do it first!

I want to figure it out as well. Please continue to investigate.

Oh no! Hope she recovers quickly. I confess I sometimes see big tar-black poos but had just thought it was 'range of normal'.
Occasional anything is ok. That was the culmination of some not so good ones. That was not black, it was green.

Aurora is Sick

View attachment 2069340

View attachment 2069341

That looks like cecal poop Bob. When did you last worm her?

Back
Top Bottom