My youngest (who is very artsy fartsy Ribh :D) has spent the last couple of weeks making a plague doctor mask.

I’ll try to get them to pose with a chicken for a photo for you guys
Your not too bad in the artsy world yourself, ACM. And yes, I've seen some of your work. Very lovely!

Aurora is Sick

View attachment 2069340

I've been keeping watch on her as I noticed a couple of unusual poos over the last several days. She did not come running out this morning when I let them out to free range like she normally does. In fact I ast first thought she was on the nest and when she wasn't there I panicked. I did finally locate her standing outside the complex side door. Tail down. Not a lot of energy.

And then I got this smelly poo.:sick I will only show the small version. Just click to make it bigger if you are interested.
View attachment 2069341

I was scooped it up to run to the lab and I found out that they are not accepting specimens from the public due to COVID 19. :barnie :he:mad:

The closest lab that is accepting specimens is a 3 hour trip away. So I'm pulling out the corrid and going to treat without confirmation. I'll have to go on poo watch and make sure things improve. :(

I would just like to find normal for a while. I was just feeling like the flock was at least there. :oops:
Oh dear, you’ve not been having a good run Bob :hugs

I hope she responds to the medication and feels better really soon. :fl:hugs

How is Aurora today, Bob? Hoping she is a little perkier. :hugs
Once I got some corn in her this morning she picked up. She is moving around better this afternoon. It is raining again and there are puddles everywhere. I need a couple of dry days to just keep them from the wild water.

Some Good News

I could see Miss Phyllis looking around the yard today. I figured she was nest hunting. In the end I don't think she figured it out. Sometime right before bedtime when I thought she was frantic to go to bed when no one else would (as usual), she dropped this in the middle of the yard.
20200331_195313.jpg

I had to wake her for the required first egg shot. And she looks like I woke her up. :lau
20200331_194923.jpg

It is a tiny egg.
20200331_194856.jpg

Mrs BY Bob is so excited! Great job Miss Phyllis! :clap:wee:ya:bun

Some Good News

I could see Miss Phyllis looking around the yard today. I figured she was nest hunting. In the end I don't think she figured it out. Sometime right before bedtime when I thought she was frantic to go to bed when no one else would (as usual), she dropped this in the middle of the yard.
View attachment 2070462

I had to wake her for the required first egg shot. And she looks like I woke her up. :lau
View attachment 2070465

It is a tiny egg.
View attachment 2070466

Mrs BY Bob is so excited! Great job Miss Phyllis! :clap:wee:ya:bun
OMG that face! You really did wake her up. She may never forgive you.

Back
Top Bottom