I had to pull Xzit out of her box for just a few minutes. I wasn’t sure if she could even use her legs. Found out that she could, because she stepped back up on the edge, and then gently set back down on her eggs. (She’s not eating much, but I hoped that she would have pooped a little) :idunno She is truly a broody lady. View attachment 3167789
Looks like you’re letting her sot and hatch, Alex? Exciting!

Hahaha I am sitting here in my office relaxing and Fluffy is just hanging out with me in the aisle outside my office doorway when a swallow swooped in and almost face planted her ! Poor Fluffy jerked her head back in surprise hahaha too funny!

Just hanging out....

16566194937964130710702607738464.jpg

I have been fascinated how the Hooligans, being a gang of three, are somehow more separate and self contained than the Roadrunners were during integration. It is a different game!
Here they use that there are three of them to bamboozle Dotty.
Dotty can be mean and if she gets a hold of one of the Hooligans she beats the crap out of them. Minnie is the same.
Here you see the strategy that the Hooligans deploy to stay safe from Dotty. She cannot figure who to go after!

I can’t wait to watch this!

With Mal and Aurora the prefab was in the big run. I could separate the big run from the rest of the complex and let them out into it while I sat in the run. We could then interact as they wanted. I have no run where we can interact with the quarantine coop. They are confined to the coop which I cannot enter.

Maleficent and Aurora in the big run.
View attachment 3168958View attachment 3168959View attachment 3168960View attachment 3168961
Oh I see! Thanks for explaining.

The Mareks risk is more a burden than I thought it was. I'm sorry Bob.

Oh I see! Thanks for explaining.

The Mareks risk is more a burden than I thought it was. I'm sorry Bob.
It is. But I don’t believe the issue is Marek’s. These chicks would have been vaccinated on day one or two and the vaccine takes a bit of time to ‘take’ (unscientific description for the chick to build immunity).
Some people say that takes three or even four weeks, although the only scientific study was pretty clear that it was 10 days.
Anyway, that was the quarantine I had to do with my Hooligans. Bob’s rascals are older so it is about other diseases but it shouldn’t be about Marek’s as they built their immunity long before they set out on their journey to FBA.

Back
Top Bottom