Weasels and Minks

The North American weasel weighs 9 ounces and is 9 inches long. This fellow here:
View attachment 2028113

How is that a match for any cat? Am I missing something?

A mink is much bigger.
9oz? Barely more than a hearty snack for a cat! Interesting. I thought they were much bigger and scarier.

Dont be fooled. They fight way above their weight class when killing chickens that weigh 5 to 7 lbs.

Thats my understanding! Plus cats are domesticated animals and the weasels are not. Just being wild makes a huge difference in itself.

That said :D --9 ozs is like half the target weight of the meat quail im raising :gig

For @mixedUPturk [thanks, Bob ;) ]
My new girls.
2 Splash Araucanas
2 silver laced Wyandotte bantams
3 Silver Campines

View attachment 2027865

I cant believe i forgot to respond to this earlier! :oops: Sorry!

Second of all thank you for putting up this post for me!

Now onto business! Theyre so beautiful!!! Did u know im a wyandotte breeder? Those things have a special place in my heart and im so glad everyone is getting to experience it now!

Campines though! What a fun breed! 'Im not full size but im not banty either😜'

Love em Ma'am! Thanks again!

I cant believe i forgot to respond to this earlier! :oops: Sorry!

Second of all thank you for putting up this post for me!

Now onto business! Theyre so beautiful!!! Did u know im a wyandotte breeder? Those things have a special place in my heart and im so glad everyone is getting to experience it now!

Campines though! What a fun breed! 'Im not full size but im not banty either😜'

Love em Ma'am! Thanks again!
I didn't know! What fun. :) I've had a partridge bantam for over a year now, & now some silver laced to run with her!

I'm a sucker for Campines. I love these girls. They are such clowns & very responsive once you have their trust. I started with goldies but now I see why my supplier stopped trying to breed silvers:gig!

View attachment 2027985

My happy place. The double lap sit by Bridge (top hen and last one remaining from original four) and Dorothy, top ranked pullet. I’m still amazed the pullets will lsp sit even though they were raised by Cashew instead if me.

So jealous. Wish my girls sat in my lap! :love

Back
Top Bottom