micstrachan

Free Ranging
Premium member
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Roosted Alive

Everyone roosted in the little coop. Sidney and Phyllis on the roost, Sansa in a little nest on the floor. I just slid the door shut, locked the big door and touched no one tonight. Easy Peasy. Just like it should be. Good girls.
:love
YAY! They are settling in nicely!

RoyalChick

Crowing
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
My Coop
Weasels and Minks

The North American weasel weighs 9 ounces and is 9 inches long. This fellow here:
View attachment 2028113

How is that a match for any cat? Am I missing something?

A mink is much bigger.
9oz? Barely more than a hearty snack for a cat! Interesting. I thought they were much bigger and scarier.

mixedUPturk

Loves Hatching
May 28, 2015
South LA
Dont be fooled. They fight way above their weight class when killing chickens that weigh 5 to 7 lbs.
Thats my understanding! Plus cats are domesticated animals and the weasels are not. Just being wild makes a huge difference in itself.

That said :D --9 ozs is like half the target weight of the meat quail im raising :gig

mixedUPturk

Loves Hatching
May 28, 2015
South LA
For @mixedUPturk [thanks, Bob ;) ]
My new girls.
2 Splash Araucanas
2 silver laced Wyandotte bantams
3 Silver Campines

View attachment 2027865
I cant believe i forgot to respond to this earlier! :oops: Sorry!

Second of all thank you for putting up this post for me!

Now onto business! Theyre so beautiful!!! Did u know im a wyandotte breeder? Those things have a special place in my heart and im so glad everyone is getting to experience it now!

Campines though! What a fun breed! 'Im not full size but im not banty either😜'

Love em Ma'am! Thanks again!

Ribh

Crossing the Road
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I cant believe i forgot to respond to this earlier! :oops: Sorry!

Second of all thank you for putting up this post for me!

Now onto business! Theyre so beautiful!!! Did u know im a wyandotte breeder? Those things have a special place in my heart and im so glad everyone is getting to experience it now!

Campines though! What a fun breed! 'Im not full size but im not banty either😜'

Love em Ma'am! Thanks again!
I didn't know! What fun. :) I've had a partridge bantam for over a year now, & now some silver laced to run with her!

I'm a sucker for Campines. I love these girls. They are such clowns & very responsive once you have their trust. I started with goldies but now I see why my supplier stopped trying to breed silvers:gig!

Top Bottom