Dear friends, I’m very sad to have to tell you I had Chickie euthanised this morning. Sunday to Tuesday she seemed to be having really good days but this morning, she was lethargic, reluctant to leave the run and would stand hunched with her eyes closed. I decided that this was not the behaviour of a chicken that is healthy and I didn’t think she was going to get any better. So I made the (very) hard decision and called the vet. Dr Nikki isn’t working today so Dr Kevin did the deed. I decided I would bring her back home and bury her next to Emily and we had a good cuddle first. I followed Shad’s example and buried her with a bit of cheese so she could pay the ferryman.

When it gets less crazy, I might buy a couple of shrubs to plant over Emily and Chickie, for now they have rocks so I know where they are. If it’s ok with Bob, I will post some of my favourite photos of her as a tribute.
So Sorry :(
1585161929879.png

Fat Bird has been around egg counting again. She got in the nest box after chucking Moon out stood in it for few moments moving the eggs around and got back out. Moon got back in and laid her egg. Fat Bird does this to all Tribe 1's nests.:confused:
I must get a decent daylight picture of her. She's looking particularly magnificent at the moment.
P3252976.JPG

Do yours trill at all @RoyalChick ? That’s one of my favourite sounds. :love
Yes! It is so beautiful. Elizabeth is a big dust bather and she trills while bathing. I have some video of that but I really was trying for audio. I will post if I find it.

Last edited:
I wanted to share a little video of Chickie making a little chittery noise. My Frizzle breeder friend said it was a happy noise and she sometimes made it when I was cleaning out the henhouse and she wanted to lay an egg. I’ve never heard any of my other girls make this noise.

Mine trill when roosting ~ & sometimes during the day when resting. It is a lovely, happy sound.

Back
Top Bottom