The best reason to 'like' at least a few of the old stories (the better ones!) is that it prompts the author to go back and remember. I had a lot of fun with @Ali James journey through the thread!
So did I. Its hard to believe all this happened in 18 months.

Update. I searched high and low and found the loaf pans! Yay! I should be able to ice down their water no problem tomorrow. It also looks like it *might* be a little cooler up here on the hill than in town. What does everyone else do for their flock(s) when they are suffering in the heat?
It gets extremely hot where I live. I keep them in their henhouse with the misting system running. It reduces temperature by about 10 degrees Celsius.

A Peaceful Bath

It was clear that Sydney wanted to take a bath but Sansa and Lilly were not interested in letting her do so. Remembering how much Mrs BY Bob used to enjoy a uninterrupted bath when the girls were little I thought i would help Sydney out. So I arranged for the other hens to disappear so Sydney could have some alone time.

I broke out the meal worms and spread them on the deck for everyone. This cleared some special time for Sydney. Here she is enjoying her soak. 😍

That's one very grateful hen.

A Peaceful Bath

It was clear that Sydney wanted to take a bath but Sansa and Lilly were not interested in letting her do so. Remembering how much Mrs BY Bob used to enjoy a uninterrupted bath when the girls were little I thought i would help Sydney out. So I arranged for the other hens to disappear so Sydney could have some alone time.

I broke out the meal worms and spread them on the deck for everyone. This cleared some special time for Sydney. Here she is enjoying her soak. 😍

That looks like a lovely bath. :love

Frankly my best box size was set by the prefab cop I bought. I just duplicated the dimensions since everyone seemed to like them. I can remove the floor in my nest box with 2 screws and drop any mess to the ground below and quickly scrub the floor if I need to. Simple.
Hopefully I'll remember that design feature when it comes time to make new nest boxes.

Back
Top Bottom