Rejection and Failure

Well I feel like a failure this morning. Sydney rejected the move. I woke up to a frantic hen desperately trying to break out of the big run to get to her nest in the big coop. Screaming at the top of her lungs with Aurora yelling along with her.

What else could I do. After a quick check in with @CrazyChookChookLady I put the eggs in the big run, into her nesting box of choice, and opened the door. She is now comfortably sitting on her & Stanley's eggs in the big coop.

Happy

20200527_074419.jpg

I however, feel defeated. I think Aurora could tell. She has been hanging with me for a long time this morning, grooming.

20200527_074325.jpg

Rejection and Failure

Well I feel like a failure this morning. Sydney rejected the move. I woke up to a frantic hen desperately trying to break out of the big run to get to her nest in the big coop. Screaming at the top of her lungs with Aurora yelling along with her.

What else could I do. After a quick check in with @CrazyChookChookLady I put the eggs in the big run, into her nesting box of choice, and opened the door. She is now comfortably sitting on her & Stanley's eggs in the big coop.

Happy

20200527_074419.jpg

I however, feel defeated. I think Aurora could tell. She has been hanging with me for a long time this morning, grooming.
Well, at least you will still get chicks, and I'm expecting Aurora got some meal worms?

Rejection and Failure

Happy

View attachment 2162247

View attachment 2162248
Oh why defeated? She has her preference and now you have accommodated it. You offered her ice-cream, she wanted pickles. It happens!

Nope, no meal worms. But she did come closer and rest even longer.
View attachment 2162264

Miss Aurora is quite the full figures gal. She is much larger in person and she was stuffed full last night!! I believe her meal worm are soon to be rationed. Lol

It was an honor to meet your flock last night. Thank you so much for having Rich and I over for dinner.

Rejection and Failure

Happy

View attachment 2162247

View attachment 2162248
Don't be quick to assume failure Mr Bob. Sure it must be extremely annoying to have laboured over the broody enclosure just for her to reject it, but she is still sitting is she not? So not a failure, just a head strong young lady who thinks she knows best!

Back
Top Bottom