Thanks. I have decided to leave it up for after she has the chicks. I will move them there so they have privacy and are not among the others right away.
I was going to make that suggestion! She may prefer to keep the chicks separated once they hatch.

I have a question for those with hard moulters; do your girls look like they have a pendulous crop when they’re moulting? Charlie looks like she has a pendulous crop but it’s hard to tell as she looks like she’s got feathers sticking up all over the place. I don’t want to touch her as she’s still got pin feathers coming through, is there anything I should be doing or observing? I had a quick look on the ER threads.

I have a question for those with hard moulters; do your girls look like they have a pendulous crop when they’re moulting? Charlie looks like she has a pendulous crop but it’s hard to tell as she looks like she’s got feathers sticking up all over the place. I don’t want to touch her as she’s still got pin feathers coming through, is there anything I should be doing or observing? I had a quick look on the ER threads.
I'm pretty sure Mary's crop has always been pendulous. She had a check up last year and it wasn't pointed out as a health concern.

I'm pretty sure Mary's crop has always been pendulous. She had a check up last year and it wasn't pointed out as a health concern.

I hope that’s all it is. Charlie’s a big girl, given that she’s an Australorp but she looks half her size ATM and very straggly! Tegan is giving her a run for her money size-wise!

I hope that’s all it is. Charlie’s a big girl, given that she’s an Australorp but she looks half her size ATM and very straggly! Tegan is giving her a run for her money size-wise!
Mary's an Australorp too. Could be a breed thing? Mary looks small without all her feathers too! Same as Charlie, she goes down to about half size. She's far more narrow in her frame than she looks when fully feathered.

I haven’t caught up yet but thought I’d share something fun that happened this AM. I was outside with my 13 year old sitting watching our girls. I picked up Luna to give her belly scratches (my girl- she runs to me and follows me)
And all of a sudden Heizel was beside her. Luna was not impressed. She was trying to push her off. I didn’t let her because that was a 1st for Heizel. Luna got down and Heizel snuggled up. 💕
277F2871-B2B4-4DCE-9631-976E0B4EF950.png
1B91D8E2-DBC3-4003-9043-8BF35CD3F9E2.png

I haven’t caught up yet but thought I’d share something fun that happened this AM. I was outside with my 13 year old sitting watching our girls. I picked up Luna to give her belly scratches (my girl- she runs to me and follows me)
And all of a sudden Heizel was beside her. Luna was not impressed. She was trying to push her off. I didn’t let her because that was a 1st for Heizel. Luna got down and Heizel snuggled up. 💕View attachment 2163393View attachment 2163394
What a great moment!

Back
Top Bottom