Another Journey into the "Way-Back" Machine

While May 20th has been a joyous day through the years at Fluffy Butt Acres. The first week of June has had its ups and downs. Come along for the ride as we journey back through the years with Mr. Peabody.

Mr. Peabody, set the way-back machine for the first week of June 2013.......

This was just as the original ladies were learning to live outside in their new coop and we were learning about them. I had a planter that was full of clover so I thought I would place it into the run for them to eat. When they had finished eating the clover they rapidly moved on to this!
View attachment 2180131

:love They were such cuties. Alas we must move on.

There was sadness too the first week of June.

Mr. Peabody, please set the way-back for the first week of June 2018.

It still seems like yesterday. We buried Daisy, the greatest hen ever, the first week of June 2018. :(:hit
View attachment 2180148

Patsy was so upset she threw herself into the grave as I dug it. ;)

View attachment 2180150

Just a year later we would be reeling again.

Mr Peabody, please set the way-back machine for the first week of June 2019

June 2019 is when we first realized that Patsy was not well. She would be with us for a while longer but we were unable prevent the inevitable. 😥

View attachment 2180167

View attachment 2180169

View attachment 2180171

But there was also joy. Life is like that. There is joy to outweigh the sadness. We had new friends as well the first week of June in 2019.
View attachment 2180185

Special friends.
View attachment 2180188

Friends that would snuggle with us. :love
View attachment 2180191

The first week of June in 2014, old friends would have a special treat.

Mr. Peabody, please set the way-back for June 1, 2014.

Much like the humans at Fluffy Butt Acres, the hens enjoy special treats (human food). Elphie and Trisha were having a great day June 1, 2014 enjoying some Potato Skins!
View attachment 2180260

View attachment 2180261

View attachment 2180262

What could be better than cheesy bacony potato skins? How about new dust bathing holes in a location that made no sense!

Mr. Peabody, set the way-back for the first week of June 2016.

Now there any many great dust bathing locations around Fluffy Butt Acres. Under the coop, Under the magnolia tree, in the flower boxes, even under the butterfly bushes. Well this was a totally new location that I never expected.

View attachment 2180285

The table was only there temporarily and i would trip in those holes for years to come. :rant

Normally this group was inseperable. I have a photo from this day where no hens are paired up. In fact Lilly is not in the photo. There is something about Patsy alone on the steps silhouetted against the pool that pulls at my heart strings. :love Can you find Daisy, the greatest hen ever, in this photo?

View attachment 2180300

Of course the perfect day must have snacks. How about some meal worms.

View attachment 2180301

Meal Worms! I know another great day with Meal Worms! (don't all great chicken days have meal worms?)

Mr Peabody, lets set the way-back for the first week of June 2017

See, more meal worms....

View attachment 2180311

This is one of the best pictures which i have of Patsy. Here she us in her full glory.

View attachment 2180315

As our time traveling comes to an end, it is only fitting that we depart Fluffy Butt Acres with a fluffy butt from 2017. The only butt fluffy enough to blot Daisy out completely. Here is Patsy's super fluffy butt.

View attachment 2180318

I hope you have enjoyed our trip to the past. Mr. Peabody, please take us home.
That was awesome Bob!

I think that's a brilliant idea. It must be stressful to be separated from your flock.

I know that MJ also takes 2 chooks to the vet at the same time. The patient and an emotional support bird. Genius! 🥰
A support hen at the vet seems to keep the patient a little calmer and amenable. So it's a win all round :)

I especially like it because it doubles the fun of taking chickens in the car, although these days they stay in their travel compartments. Sandy was a special case, so trustworthy she didn't have to be confined.

Charlie has gone broody, AGAIN :barnie Its only been a few weeks since last time and she is at it again.
You have all my sympathies. I have 2 BRs like Bob's Sydney & they spend all summer being broody! 🙄 As they are otherwise my best layers plus my lead hen & her wing girl, I am never impressed! My flock becomes chaotic & there's a ruckus over the nesting arrangements & all our eggs are infertile so it is a pointless exercise.
I have been saving up and I'm home alone. Some are going to be long and photo filled. You have been warned!
:celebrate
Here she is puffing and strutting
Oh, gosh. She is beautiful but a sight I know all too well...🙄
Guess who it was before you watch.
I was guessing Phyllis. I was wrong. :D

A support hen at the vet seems to keep the patient a little calmer and amenable. So it's a win all round :)

I especially like it because it doubles the fun of taking chickens in the car, although these days they stay in their travel compartments. Sandy was a special case, so trustworthy she didn't have to be confined.
Sandy :love :love :love

Partner in Writing

As I sat outside writing the long post today I had a little partner keeping me company by my side.

20200606_200956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom