Tropical Rain

The rains from our hurricane/tropical storm arrived yesterday evening. Here is how most of my flock reacted.

But not 2 of my big girls and the littles. In fact Sydney had no issues with the rain at all. Aurora ducked in one but decided that the warm rain was no big deal. Some wet photos.

View attachment 2275853View attachment 2275854View attachment 2275855View attachment 2275856View attachment 2275857

Lucky and Ned spent most of their time under my chair but Ned did venture out a little.

The real beauty of a tropical storm like this is that they are heat breakers. The weather tomorrow will be spectacular. Weather that is clear and dry with lower temps always comes on the backside of storms like these. The next several days will be in the low 80s (~27°C). I can't wait and I know the flock will be very excited to not be roasting any longer.
The same storm just passed me - just finished. But we got it way worse. I am now cut off with a big tree across my drive with a wire down and the town says that all the roads round me are blocked off. I have a generator for a few essentials (including BYC!). The coop cam shows that the chickens are all safe but looks like a big flood in the run. As soon as the electric company confirm they are on the way to deal with the wire I will go out to the coop and check in on them.

I feel frantic. manic and afraid, As if I lost my own child! I have dealt with Missing person cases before, but missing poultry? Very few actually care! I'm glad you peeps do!

I'm sorry you haven't found him yet. Did you try just walking around and shaking a bowl of treats? He might come running if he hears food.

I'm glad to see you faired well through the storm @BY Bob ! We made out well, a long steady rain, just what we needed!

The chooks were a little soggy but no worse for wear, thankfully.
View attachment 2276260
View attachment 2276257
View attachment 2276258
Isn't the weather spectacular now? I have the house all opened up. Every window and door. Blowing the stink out as my mom would say. 😆

I am very glad you made it through safely. The flock is in its glory tonight. No panting, wet ground to dig in, it is just amazing. 🥰

I had high winds all morning that were really moving the trees. Most of the damage I had was in the forest so not a problem for me. My neighbors were not so lucky. This from My new next door neighbor and his new house . The Hens lost a corner of their rain cover over the run. Moved the vehicles up next to the rooster tractors to provide a wind breakView attachment 2276392
View attachment 2276397
I believe the eye was very close to you all. I'm glad you came through OK. I really feel for your neighbors. That's tough.

Back
Top Bottom