Standing Sentinel

It feels a little early to me but I was briefly watching the flock out in the rain yesterday from the coffee pot. (I had to get away from my desk for a moment.) When I noticed Ned taking Sentinel duty. Unfortunately my phone was on my desk so no photos. He stood just out from under the magnolia tree on the pool cement in the light rain, erect, still, and alert.

He was clearly on duty and Hattie was off scratching and playing with the other ladies.

I remain impressed that Lilly has not felt the need to kill him as she did Jabberwocky. Either Lilly has softened, the fact that he is Sydney's boy has protected him, or he is going to be a good dude and she sees that in him already.
Maybe there isn't enough meat on him yet.:oops:

All of the diarrhea from them trying to keep cool in the extreme heat had created some messy butts. I think im going to do a large galvanized trough of water and have some fun with everyone. 😁
Not sure about the galvanized bit Bob. I won't use them here and not will many other chicken keepers. The galv is poisonous. Big clay dog bowls might be a better option.

Maybe there isn't enough meat on him yet.:oops:
That's funny. She's raising him until she can feed everybody in the flock. 🍗 😆

She tried to kill Jabber several times when he was just feathered. I had to keep them separated and watch her at all times.

Back
Top Bottom