And Elizabeth decided to hang out with the young ladies on the big ladder. I wonder if that means they will dare come off the top of the window for the night.
D80DD175-5292-47FF-B6C4-E0B6F5700E8C.jpeg

View attachment 1633786

I have been wanting to do this for some time now. I knew once I started doing this there would be no going back. So I am now diving in and I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

First of all let me tell you how we view our flock as that will help you to understand why we treat them like we do.

Our birds are our pets and we treat them as such. We do not care if someone is not laying eggs. They are welcome to stay at Fluffy Butt Acres until they pass naturally. (Now don't go telling them that! I would hate for word to get out) We do thoroughly enjoy the fresh eggs.

I plan to tell stories from the past as well as from today. I hope you all enjoy and will share stories of your flocks as well.
Good morning Bob! I have taken the plunge...now to work my way through...1900 pages...:thI'm truly looking forward to it, but it might take me awhile...and I'll probably be :old before I'm done...:gig

In that spirit I would like to add #3 - @BY Bob asserted that his chickens don't have pockets or purses, but it has always been clear to me that Phyllis is the kind of chicken that has someone else carry her purse for her. I have no idea who is carrying it, but I think we should assume Phyllis has a purse. I am confident it is an elegant clutch in black with a subtle sequin motif.
My gosh! You are right! I was just going through some old video and I thought I caught Sydney handing something to Phyllis. I blew up the shot and I think you can see a small clutch under Phyllis' wing there! What do you all think?
20200929_130354.jpg

And Elizabeth decided to hang out with the young ladies on the big ladder. I wonder if that means they will dare come off the top of the window for the night.
View attachment 2353142
Awwwww. So sweet. 🥰

I am guessing but I bet Maggie says, "No! Back in the window little ones!"

Good morning Bob! I have taken the plunge...now to work my way through...1900 pages...:thI'm truly looking forward to it, but it might take me awhile...and I'll probably be :old before I'm done...:gig
No worries. There is no hurry. None of the stories are going to change now. 😆

Please comment on things. It gives me a reason to go back and reminisce.

I have 2 theories..

1 is the squirrel. It wouldn't be hard at all for a squirrel to sneak in and even snatch up an egg.

2 is someone carried the egg under their wing. Perhaps the girls are tired of fake eggs and someone removed it from the coop.

My money is on #1 though
This is out of my league but I do know our curlews, who nest on the ground not in trees, are supposed to be able to tuck an egg under their wing & move it some distance.

Did your cameras not pick up anything?

Back
Top Bottom