Open Door Policy

The new coop is designed to be opened at both ends in order to be able to clean it easil. Take the pushbroom and push the straw out the other end, quick and easy cleaning.

So at lunch today, I decided to clean the coop out. I pushed the old straw out and decided to air out the coop. It was in the 70s today (20s C). I even reopened the front window so the breeze could blow through the coop.

Then I went back to my desk.

At 6:30 pm it was getting quite dark. Mrs. BY Bob yells to me, something is up with Phyllis. I come out and Phyllis greats me at the back door. I think she wants meal worms but no she wants me to follow her. She leads me out to the coop which I find like this!
20201020_195052.jpg

Wide open! I never put straw down and closed it back up!

We get to the coop and Phyllis hops up and onto the roost. Lilly is already on the high roost. Aurora, Sydney, and Sansa are on the deck eating meal worms.

Here's Lilly and Phyllis in the coop. Look how dark it is getting.
20201020_202805.jpg

Then I realize, I have not seen Hattie. Where is Hattie?

Smartly tucked away, of course.

20201020_203235.jpg

I closed the door and in they filtered for bed time.

20201020_184503.jpg

When Sansa got up on the main roost she thought about knocking Phyllis off. She even turned towards Phyllis, sad for her I was observing.

👉👉👉

I deployed the "Rooster's Finger".

At the third poke she turned around and went up onto the high roost. All is settled for now.

No straw on the coop floor is going to lead to a messy clean up tomorrow.

Open Door Policy

The new coop is designed to be opened at both ends in order to be able to clean it easil. Take the pushbroom and push the straw out the other end, quick and easy cleaning.

So at lunch today, I decided to clean the coop out. I pushed the old straw out and decided to air out the coop. It was in the 70s today (20s C). I even reopened the front window so the breeze could blow through the coop.

Then I went back to my desk.

At 6:30 pm it was getting quite dark. Mrs. BY Bob yells to me, something is up with Phyllis. I come out and Phyllis greats me at the back door. I think she wants meal worms but no she wants me to follow her. She leads me out to the coop which I find like this!
View attachment 2380987

Wide open! I never put straw down and closed it back up!

We get to the coop and Phyllis hops up and onto the roost. Lilly is already on the high roost. Aurora, Sydney, and Sansa are on the deck eating meal worms.

Here's Lilly and Phyllis in the coop. Look how dark it is getting.
View attachment 2380991

Then I realize, I have not seen Hattie. Where is Hattie?

Smartly tucked away, of course.

View attachment 2380992

I closed the door and in they filtered for bed time.

View attachment 2380996

When Sansa got up on the main roost she thought about knocking Phyllis off. She even turned towards Phyllis, sad for her I was observing.

👉👉👉

I deployed the "Rooster's Finger".

At the third poke she turned around and went up onto the high roost. All is settled for now.

No straw on the coop floor is going to lead to a messy clean up tomorrow.
At least Phyllis came and warned you about the situation! (Good girl)

Best and worst part of my day.(Now over) Watching the chickens fly up to their roosting spots
I say goodnight to each one of them, then walk out the barn/coop door. (Feeling kinda sad that they prefer the coop, over staying inside with me. (Jaffar used to wait on the porch for me to take him in. (Not anymore):(
I guess he wants to be with his ladies.

Best and worst part of my day.(Now over) Watching the chickens fly up to their roosting spots
I say goodnight to each one of them, then walk out the barn/coop door. (Feeling kinda sad that they prefer the coop, over staying inside with me. (Jaffar used to wait on the porch for me to take him in. (Not anymore):(
I guess he wants to be with his ladies.
:hugs :hugs He still loves you.

Oh I think you under-estimate me! She is Janet. And Janet is a Barnevelder.
Actually, I cheated a fair bit. I have always been very struck by how beautiful she is and ages ago I studied her profile and since then I have researched the breed because I would love a chicken that gorgeous. I think I have Barnevelders in my future!

Tsk tsk, academic misconduct! ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom