Well, it’s not fully detailed in the most recent history part... it left out the family Drama, that the parks land was actually sold for a pretty penny, and that the road to this side of the island (which was put through in the 90’s) was, and still is, technically illegal. Andrew’s great Uncle Bob had a falling out with his Brother in Law (Andrew’s Grandpa) and sold the land to spite him. It also reduced the pasture and hay production by over half at the time. Could have sunk the farm. His section was subdivided into a bunch of waterfront lots on the south side and the vineyard which replaced some of the best fields on the farm. The entire south side of the island was, and still is, zoned “water access only” but the Strata was granted permission to put in a private road down the mountain, which was not supposed to actually connect to anything. There was supposed to be a parking area at the base of the hill and a 6’ gated drop at bottom. But it ended up all “accidentally” paved. I believe the fines involved in that was a good part of the Vineyards first bankruptcy (of three!).
That is some more interesting tid bits. What did they do with the money from the sale? Fritter it away or make more with it?

You truly have a fine looking flock! What a line up.

Number 1 Step forward and state your name, "Bok"

Number 2, same. "Bawk"

Number 3 step forward and your name please, "bakawk"

Number 4 please turn around and stare your name, "bok bok"

It's Number 1 I tell you! She knocked me off the ramp 4 times. Nearly broke my wing. She's a menace!

Numbers 2, 3, 4 can go. Take number 1 to holding.

Tsuki: I can see you back there! I know who you are and where you roost! You will regret this! You think these coppers can hold me! You just watch when I get out! YOU JUST WATCH!
👮‍♂️ There is no escape for you this time!

That is some more interesting tid bits. What did they do with the money from the sale? Fritter it away or make more with it?

I do believe it was mostly put into equipment upgrades and I know there was a reasonable farm savings account at one time. However, I think at this point the easiest summary is “Frittered Away”. Equipment needs regular maintenance, and if it is misused it breaks. Also, since the passing of Andrew’s Grandparents it seems to have all slowly disappeared. I’m very much not privy to the finances. We will see if Andrew is given any information on them since his Father’s passing. His Father (one of the 4 owners) was being denied access to the financial information by his two sisters.

And speaking of mis-using equipment... I just found out BIL broke the tractor again today (funny how it’s always someone else’s fault, but it always seems to happen when he is using it?) This time it was “his Fathers crummy welding” that broke. Not going to mention how many times BIL has re-welded it since Tom passed on.

Another little interesting note on that signage. Andrew’s great Grandpa Dr. Andrew Rutherford Thomson was the person both Andrew and his Father were named after: Andrew Rutherford Campbell, and Andrew Thomson Campbell. Toms older brother was named after their Father, Jim Campbell.

No Freeloading Allowed

Chickens like to work for their food. If you have ever seen a chicken scratching while eating from a feeder and wondered why? It is this instinct to work called contrafreeloading that makes them do this.

I have always tried to capture one of my hens doing this. Today Phyllis did it for me. I almost missed it. It occurs right at the beginning of this video. You will see Phyllis scratch once IN HER FOOD BOWL.

No free meals for this lady. She is a hard worker. 👷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom