Beautiful!! You have some lovely borders, and yarn choices, too! And how special that you give them as gifts!
Would you believe I still haven’t finished my son’s blanket from last Christmas? I stopped working on it, and I only have a few hours left. It’s blanket yarn, so super chunky, and fast, easy work. Bad mom!
I work in spurts. I hadn't done anything for ages but worked these quickly on a big hook with a very lightweight yarn ~ though they are warm. I have a lot of trouble following patterns so I work from You Tube tutorials a lot & have ventured into fancy work ~ with limited success. I can do the stitches but can't always see how the pattern should be worked. It is practise & experience I'm sure. :)

Last edited:
It's Like Sleeping Next to the Fridge

She slept last night with her face right between the food and water. She doesn't even have to stand up to eat!
Big Coop Cam_20201027_233926.jpg

We will have to take your word for it on Taz's athleticism - he looks as athletic as a slug in that position! Three of my four cats spend most of their day being athletic in their dreams!
Poor Scooby - he looks rather subdued - but I am glad the vet can fix him up. My massive Nightshade has lost so many teeth (he is prone to gum disease) that even though he is a very competent mouser they all survive unscathed because he hasn't figured out he can't gum them to death! :lau :lau

Oh my goodness!! I can just picture the poor mouse dropping in saliva running for the hills!!🤣🤣

No brains
I don't subscribe to the theory that chickens are in general without brains. However, I am beginning to think I may indeed have a flock of brainless chickens.
It is cold. It is raining. It is miserable out.
My chickens have a spacious, draft free Chicken Palace with food, fresh water and many perches, roosts and tree stumps to jump up and down from. They have not one, but two covered runs including en-suite dustbathing, a long ladder, a perch with a view, and food and fresh water stations throughout.
They also have two open runs with a small muddy river (stream really) flows down the middle of one, and until I install gutters the drip line of the roof goes into each of the open runs.
They have all this. And what do they do?
They stand with their feet in the muddy stream, under the drip line in the open run. They are sopping wet and yelling at me.
My chickens are literally too stupid to come in out of the rain!

I work in spurts. I hadn't done anything for ages but worked these quickly on a big hook with a very lightweight yarn ~ though they are warm. I have a lot of trouble following patterns so I work from You Tube tutorials a lot & have ventured into fancy work ~ with limited success. I can do the stitches but can't always see how the pattern should be worked. It is practise & experience I'm sure. :)
Yeah, YouTube is so helpful for that! (patterns) I’m not sure I have the patience at this point for complicated patterns. Blankets, scarves and hats are what I enjoy right now. I’ve also made a few shawls... easy and satisfying! Two of the shawls were made with a mix of stitches and a mix of yarns. It’s a fun way to experiment. I love yarn. I don’t buy anything fancy like hand dyed or hand spun, but I could see getting back into crochet more seriously in retirement someday.

Ok, back to chickens! Daylight savings is this weekend, so it’s very likely they’ll go to bed before I get home from work. So sad. No freer range time and no cuddles.

No brains
I don't subscribe to the theory that chickens are in general without brains. However, I am beginning to think I may indeed have a flock of brainless chickens.
It is cold. It is raining. It is miserable out.
My chickens have a spacious, draft free Chicken Palace with food, fresh water and many perches, roosts and tree stumps to jump up and down from. They have not one, but two covered runs including en-suite dustbathing, a long ladder, a perch with a view, and food and fresh water stations throughout.
They also have two open runs with a small muddy river (stream really) flows down the middle of one, and until I install gutters the drip line of the roof goes into each of the open runs.
They have all this. And what do they do?
They stand with their feet in the muddy stream, under the drip line in the open run. They are sopping wet and yelling at me.
My chickens are literally too stupid to come in out of the rain!
Hahaaa!!!

I'm please to report Scooby was a star patient at the vet. He does has an infected sore on his gums. The vet couldn't say for sure what caused it, but a mouse bitting his is totally possible.

View attachment 2389889
He was very relaxed and purred the entire time. The vet even commented on what a sweet kitty he was.

Taz decided to go belly up tonight andi just had to share!! Lol

View attachment 2389892
He's another love bug! His legs are 10" long from his elbow to toe tips. He is very tall and athletic.
Glad he’s on the mend!

I am not sure working in the big coop is part of the International Federation of Labouring Chickens collective bargaining agreement. You want to watch out, you will have a strike on your hands like I did over Sunday work rules!
Oh wow! Perhaps this is the root of my problem!

“Excuse me? You want me to lay a WHAT? We need to talk!”
21F3F343-E170-43B5-8590-996292CDE446.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom