Oh, don’t feel bad... presenting good books to us is like waving candy in front of children or taking the local drunk out for a few Pints at the pub. The temptations/problems are already there, you’re just ‘directing‘ them a little bit. :lol: If you only knew...

Really. If you knew how hard it is for me to find ANY decent chicken books in the (near) local stick and brick shops... I swear, I went into the local Chapters/Indigo (think North American Barnes and Nobel?) looking for some decent poultry/cattle/sheep books (primarily poultry)... Nothing! Nothing but a couple really, really fluffy, prefab coop type, backyard keeping paperbacks of less than 100 pages. No info on health complications, diet, history on domestication, physiology, never mind chicken “psychology”. Good luck on learning about those awful Roosters too (violent dangerous beasts to be avoided at all cost that they are). Heck, I couldn’t even get anything resembling a veterinary reference book. (Those are on my steal from farm list as soon as I can). Oh, and I scoured our (highly populated, I mean they are like Starbucks in the city here, 2-3 per block) used bookstores too.

So, I started ordering chicken books online. This one never came up. It was hit or miss, some Books were ok, some were very disappointing. Disappointing like the highly rated/recommended book on hatching and brooding chicks; it’s a nice picture book, really it is. So, we are all jumping on your recommendation because there is a dearth of decent literature available on the subject, oh and Covid has us trapped inside and getting bored. Also, most of us already have a little reading problem to begin with (there are worse things to be hooked on, like rock collecting and dungeons and dragons!)

But if you’re really, really feeling bad about it... You could always offer to organize a book club thread for us on it? Seeing as you’re already familiar with the material! Nudge, nudge, Lol.
What we are all saying, in our own, and sometimes slightly sarcastic (me), way is:
THANK YOU, so Much!!! We really can’t wait to read it! Oh, and when is your book going to be available? ;)
You know, I would love a book club too. When I lived in PA I belonged to a book club, just about eight friends, and we’d meet once a month to critique the book we read. Over wine and snacks. I loved it. And I read a lot of good books too.

This is a very late reply because I have been putting it off. First, I want to thank @BY Bob for the kind words! Second, and this is why I have been putting it off, I need to clarify that the "she" and "her" need to be changed to "he" and "his." I've been inwardly chuckling about this, but in the end I knew I had to set the record straight. Maybe if my tagline didn't say "Songster", but rather something more manly like "It's too cold here!".....:gig:lau:lol:

So anyway, thanks Bob! I love your thread!
Oops! :oops:

Thanks so much, Kris & Purple!
Should have had the pictures!

Purple and her (belated FBF) contribution
44BCDDDB-7977-4EE6-BBE9-2521AD8BA802.jpeg

Zip Tie’s pretty leg and our ‘honorary’ meat bird Tailless! She insists that she belongs in there with her really, really big sisters...
AE1ACA21-88A8-4219-92A1-14F94E37F720.jpeg
5FCA8C6C-1C2B-41FD-9D27-19A45755BDE7.jpeg

And why I needed to band the ladies at first, because they were free ranging and would occasionally mix in with the 54 other meat birds that were the same size...
8C1ECB91-D2CB-4211-9E18-C94426F161E2.jpeg
From the top left we have Big Girl, Yellow Two, Roostie, Boss Girl (dirty bum) Purple, Chubby, Yellow One, and Partridge. Zip Tie is out of frame already.

Back
Top Bottom