Just treat it like a very tall, murderous chicken....:confused:. Easy peasy.
Emphasis on murderous and tall?
That looked like a male to me... 🤣
Can you really tell???
Of course! Haven't you heard of parthenogenesis? 🤪
I postulated that regarding our Feral turkeys, then a little Tom showed up from nowhere... be afraid, very afraid... there could be more feral emus lurking just out of sight and waiting to pounce!

Or too much time with nature? I actually spent more time outside today than my chickens did! I was late letting them out (windstorm tarp repairs and all) so they rushed their feeders... by the time I was back In the trailer and going for cup of coffee #2, I look out the window and not a chicken to be seen! They said “yep, nope! Too cold and windy for us...” and back to their roosts. Even the free range bunch!
Mine were funny yesterday. It was real windy here as well. When I went to release them they were all in the coop. Not the complex but the coop itself. I opened the door for free range time they all came running out and went and hung out in the corner of the yard by the fence under the apple trees and barely moved all day. But they were out. 😆 🤣

“Ok... we’re going to need a big compost bin and 5 more people.” I would suggest drawing straws ahead of time to settle who will be performing the take down maneuver, but then the lucky winner may not be able to “make it” the sighting. Do bring someone dedicated to observe/record the event and call 911 in the event of an injury! Lol. I’m sure with adequate time, feed, and patience you can tame it...
Maybe Anna can film it for us all? Please

Well said! :love
Also, I think I commented on this before. I am so incredibly behind I will never catch up.
Also, I am lost.
🤣 🤣 🤣
Just come join us in the present then. Read back on posts where you missed something. You will be fine instead of frustrated.

So the county I live in is very rural. There is a Facebook page for the county where people can post looking for local recommendations on anything, road conditions, power outages, lost pets that sort of thing.

We have had a Emu running loose in the county for several months now. He belongs to an elderly couple who own a local feed mill. He was also not handled for YEARS and is beyond wild. Several people have contacted local animal parks, but no one wants to help, because how the heck do you catch an Emu?!

View attachment 2434515
It needs a mysterious name now. Like Nessy........or is that Nessie, I digress.

Maybe Emmie? You could then tell all the city folk (you know people from where I live) "Be careful, you don't want to run across Emmie when out in the woods" You could do bumper stickers "I've seen Emmie". You could wind up with a Discovery Channel program, "The Hunt for Emmie" or "The Legend of Emmie.

You guys need to hop on this gravy train before it is too late.

Back
Top Bottom