I was looking at the feet. I see light colored feet not dark.

It's had to tell what is back end fur and what is side tail.
I was focusing on feet too - but it didn't help me. It is a night time shot so the colors will be all messed up.
I wonder if it will be back tonight - I might get a better view. Until then I am going with fluffy alien chicken.

Today’s fluffy butts sponsored by lunch leftovers
374C83EB-35D5-49EE-8692-0DB05366E2C9.jpeg
DDA987F8-BD33-4379-BCA6-50BE4BD4112A.jpeg

Will a chicken leave a corn pad on? If so, that is a good idea.
Also, what is her reason for advising against removing the core . Everywhere you look they tell you to take it out.
The corn pad didn't stay on long. I didn't think it would.
I bought and length of pipe insulation, cut a section off and taped that to the underside of his foot. I will get some pictures eventually. I'ts difficult to hold hin and his foot in the right position and take pictures.
To operate she would need to either knock Cillin out or filll his foot with aneasthetic. I know people on here have done it without. Imagine how painful that must be for the chicken.:mad:
Then there is getting the hole properly cleaned out and kept clean while the wound heals.
Aneashetics are dangerous for chickens, even local and keeping the foot clean does in general mean keeping the chicken isolated. Chickens do not do well isolated. They tend to either reduce food intake, get more stressed, develop crop problems especially for a long term isolation.
I'm going with my vets advice and not the internet experts.

The corn pad didn't stay on long. I didn't think it would.
I bought and length of pipe insulation, cut a section off and taped that to the underside of his foot. I will get some pictures eventually. I'ts difficult to hold hin and his foot in the right position and take pictures.
To operate she would need to either knock Cillin out or filll his foot with aneasthetic. I know people on here have done it without. Imagine how painful that must be for the chicken.:mad:
Then there is getting the hole properly cleaned out and kept clean while the wound heals.
Aneashetics are dangerous for chickens, even local and keeping the foot clean does in general mean keeping the chicken isolated. Chickens do not do well isolated. They tend to either reduce food intake, get more stressed, develop crop problems especially for a long term isolation.
I'm going with my vets advice and not the internet experts.
Have you tried the drawing ointment? That is exactly what it is for.

I'm waitng for the chemist to get it.
I'm wondering what else by way of drawing ointments/poultices there are.
Drawing salve is a very old fashioned remedy - usually containing Icthamol (ointment or salve) - and because it is so ancient it is usually available over the counter in most countries. I am 99% sure it is available in Spain.
It is what people used on boils and abscesses before antibiotics existed and it still has its place in modern medicine.

Back
Top Bottom